The SA Master Cleanse Forum » My Master Cleanse Experience

Chrissi - Peace be da MC journey

(14 posts)

1. Chrissi

Junior

So a brief introduction:

Chrissi, female, 38 years. Pescetarian (no meat except fish), moderately healthy foodie, moderate (but love it) smoker, moderate (but love it) alcohol intake. Weight 65kg, height 1.70 ish i think. The reason for me deciding to do the cleanse has nothing to do with the above... (i included it as most people talk about their weight and what they should or should not eat.) My reason for doing the cleanse is really for my head, my mind, the computer that needs to reboot!!! I've come to a place in my life where i feel like i'm living, no wait, more like surviving life. I've been aware of this feeling of dissatisfaction for quite a few months, but didn't know how to shake things up or how to start changing... along comes the MC... a lot of my close friends and family did it so... now it was my turn. PERFECT!!! I've been reading other peeps' MC journey it really helped me make up my mind to join the madness... so what follows will be my journey, may it help me get through it and may it help someone else who needs it.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Mike

lemonHead

Welcome to the "madness", Chrissi :) Relax, take it easy and trust the process - you have made the start...

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Chrissi

Junior

Thanks, Mike, i do keep telling myself that... "Mike says just relax" it really works! Its funny how we can get our knickers in a knot so quickly! All part of the mind games...

So Day 1 :
    I woke up at 3-30 am, with a mad dash to the loo, looks like the laxa-tea kicked in fast! I struggle to fall asleep again... i hate getting up in the mornings!!! So not my fave time of day. Anyhoo, i drag myself outta bed by 5-30 am, my girlfriend lovingly making my first SWF. We are doing it together, thank the gods coz i'm still nervous and scared about this whole MC thing. The SWF is breezily going down for me, my girlie, not so lekka, lots of gagging and eye-watering, eventually she gets a straw, that seems to help. I must say, i actually feel ok, this lasts till i leave the house for work, then the nicotine monster starts... OMG, it was the longest 5 hours till lunch time, it ranged from complete dizziness, to blurry vision and feeling completely dazed, actually super stoned, wanting to cry, then wanting to scream!!! It was ODD to say the least! We went to take the doggies to the park at lunch time, that helped A LOT!!! The day turned then for me, the afternoon was better... Took the dogs for another long walk after work, to get past the "making dinner" time, at the end of this walk my sinuses started... (i suffer from hayfever and light asthma) lots of sneezing, spluttering, eyes watering, i could hardly see where i was going at the end. Got home, on the couch with my blankie, and a movie, feeling very sorry for myself. Got some serious flu and cold symptoms, couldnt even finish my last lemonade i was feeling so YUCK, so i downed my laxa tea and went to bed. Woke up 3 times during the night completely sopping wet with sweat, and a slight rash starting on my chest... That was my first day, it was incredibly hard, i phoned some seasoned MC'ers and they said that its normal, the first day is the hardest, if i can get through that i'll be ok... that helped me hang on. It was touch and go... I just wanna smoke so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Mike

lemonHead

LOL. Get it all out! The detox is kicking in fast and it sounds like you are in real need of it. These symptoms are all the usual signs of healing action in full swing. You're giving your body the gap and it's grabbing it with gusto. Feeling miserable for a bit while your body mobilises all this junk and fights its internal battles is just part of the awesomely perfect way nature functions and the message is loud and clear "Take it easy and get some rest while I get all this stuff out!" I know it's hard but the fact is its working! Rashes, sweats, spluttering the lot (think how each symptom involves stuff coming out of you one way or another). Your organs of elimination are in full gear, don't give up now. I'm sure you're starting to clearly see why its called the Master Cleanse!

Take care and go easy on yourself through this first hurdle. It WILL get better when you're rid of it all. And then its gone for good, not just hidden away by medication.

P.S. And, um, the fact that you're giving up smoking means that you DON'T want it so bad!! Ah...the games our mind plays with us :)

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Chrissi

Junior

Day 2:

Woke up early again, thank fully NOT at 3.30, but at 5.30... its weird being up so early... i kinda like it :) Felt much better than the night before, no more flu symptoms, i must've sweated them out. I still have a rash on my chest, but thats it... for now.... Tongue defo's white.. looks like that is the common denominator. I start my day a bit apprehensive, as the previous morning was like a page out of someone's psychological thriller novel. I definately don't want to go through that again! It all goes good, untill i leave for work... the deamon is on me like my rash... smoke smoke smoke!!!!! AAAARrrrgh!! I just breathe through it and think... "hey, who is in control here, i can do this... its only 10 days!" I started doing tests on my self. If i had a toasted sarmie and a rollie(i roll my own cigarettes) infront of me, which would i choose... hmmmm so far the rollie won 8 out of 10 times. That's how i know i'm still very much detoxing here. I hope that the time will come when i would rather want food than a rollie.
    I realize that the mornings are the most difficult for me, the afternoons are easier, evenings are uncomfortable... its almost like wearing shoes that are too tight, its bearable, but would be so much nicer to take off... but you just carry on and you start forgetting about them, but still feel them every now and then, eventually you don't feel them anymore, either you feet have gone numb or the shoes are starting to stretch. :) anyway, i'm still very aware of my tight shoes...thats my analogy. Happy day 2 is done and dusted, phew, now for the dreaded day 3, seems like its everyones worst... i can't wait.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Chrissi

Junior

:) thanks for the feedback Mike, i am sticking with it, i will do the 10 days, even if it kills me!!!! :) which i know it won't, it will make me stronger... which is what i want. i'm ignoring the smoker deamon. lets see if that works.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Chrissi

Junior

I forgot to mention that i did a day and a half of only fruit and water before i started my MC. Could be the reason for early onslaught of detox symptoms!

So DAY 3:

Woke up early again! I tell you people, waking up is NOT my thing, and i can't get over how my eyes just open and i'm awake! Usually i toss and turn and fight and moan and groan before i can get myself out of bed... I am LOVING this easy "wake up" routine!

SWF is fine as usual, and flushes as it should... :) I'm feeling fine this morning, my girlie not so much... "moody bitch" sums it up... eish, she is in fowlness land! I give her some space and get myself off to work. The deamon shows its head, but i just ignore it and carry on... Lots of running around at work today, which is great as it keeps my head busy. Not much time spent in the office thinking how much i want to smoke... I must admit, my concentration is ZERO! I struggle to keep my mind on anything, i'm too tired to start anything major and couldn't care about finishing anything either... the first few days are a write off at work... take note!
    The day kind of flies by, thank the gods! And we end it off on a nice walk in Newlands forest with my girlie, my niece and doggies. What a beautiful space, and the forest smells... hmmmmm. Smells like earth, and life and sunshine and shade... aaaaahhhhh, love it!!
    If i can recommend anything it will be to get out the house and go for a loooong walk if things get too hectic. It honestly has been the only thing that has worked consistently for me!
    I still have my rash, white tongue and am getting bouts of hayfever. My complexion is quite pale, i look tired and washed out. Also getting a bit spotty. All in all, not a good look.
    The evening is spent watching dvd's, my stomach is burning, and am feeling super hungry... phew... day 3 is done!

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Chrissi

Junior

DAY 4: - Saturday.

Woke up early, nothing new there... spending a chilled day at home. SWF and all the usuals go fine, pop in to work quickly, get back home and feel bushed, so have a mid morning nap. Woke up there and felt quite depressed... and that's how it stayed the rest of the day, really feeling very miff. went for late afternoon walk with doggies and girlfriend, and of course, all feels better after that again. Nothing exciting happened, just feeling pretty shit in general. It really feels like i've been having a week long hangover. Chatted to my girly about that and realized that's probably what a hangover is... your body trying to detox itself... DUH! And i sure have had quite a few hangovers in my life... so i guess i'm detoxing off all my sins!!! Note to self: don't make any plans for the next month, cleanse might have to be extended.

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Mike

lemonHead

DUH :) Now apply the same rationale to what we consider "sick" is too...makes you think, no?

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Chrissi

Junior

Yep, makes one think... a lot!!!

DAY 5:-Sunday

Same old same old... early up, SWF, Lemonade... chill. Took it easy today, i still feel very low, i look sallow and tired, i look like someone who hasn't eaten in days!!! I spend the day at the pool, soaking up some vit. D, try to read, but my attention and focus is zero... so i watch some TV. I still crave smoking, not as often, but when it comes, it;s intense... We go for a beautiful walk in the afternoon. I realised, the reason why i love the walk so much, is that its the only time (in my old life :) that i didn't smoke or eat anything, so that's the only thing that has remained the same... I must say, the weekend was more difficult, i hoped that i would be fully energised by now, NOT! I really hope i start feeling better soon.

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Chrissi

Junior

DAY 6:

Back at work... not going easy at the moment. I feel exhausted and depressed mostly, today, just to add some spice, i'm SUPER emotional too. I have difficulties in concentrating on anything, it feels like i have ADD! I spend a lot of time crying, and decide to go home early. I start doubting my efforts, maybe this cleanse is NOT good for me? How can i still be feeling so absolutely SHIT??? I am not someone that is a depressed person, but lately i'm not so sure. I realise that the only thing that will make me feel worse than i do right now, is NOT finishing the cleanse... i know i won't die, i have a few more days to go, but i really do hope something breaks here, i want to feel energised, clear and radiant!!! Otherwise, what is the point?

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Mike

lemonHead

Hey there Chrissi. Sounds like you're having a rough time! You just gotta keep going though. For a bit of rational logic consider - you are pretty much doing nothing so this is all coming from inside you, trying to find a way out. And the going can get rough indeed before it gets better. And remember that you have been free of your usual stimulants for over a week now.

Your body is pushing stuff out as fast as it can. The only method it has to mobilise toxins for elimination is your bloodstream. While your blood is so full of junk it will have all kinds of effects on you and can wreak all sorts of temporary havoc, especially on the brain and your emotions. As you cleanse it will get better and better.

You cannot feel good while you're still full of 'junk'. Unfortunately this is the price you pay for going against Nature's 'rules'. You need to hang in there and get as much rest as you can. It *will* turn at some point and then you will begin feeling the way you're hoping. As to how long it takes, well, it will take its own sweet time. This is the way Nature operates. She's never in a hurry but she *will* get the job done if you have sufficient vitality. Far better now that this is under your control and in your own time than later when some kind of health issue appears (supposedly) unannounced.

Again, rest and relax. Distract yourself. Taking some time off is good but keep this going and don't worry about timetables. Google some pages about people's detox experiences if you need some solace and perspective. As bad as it gets, people have had it much much worse! Cleansing, reform and a newfound respect for your body...that's the point :)

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Heywood

Your body knows best what’s going on inside you and how to balance and rectify itself. You only have to let it do its work. Take it easy, don’t let stress occupy you. Banish doubt. Don’t let it onto the playground.

Detoxification varies significantly from one person to the next, depending on the genes, lifestyle and wellbeing (including mental and physical health) of each person.

How quickly should we expect results? Immediately? In 10 days? 20? Do we trust instant results? We shouldn’t. I was in my 40s before I realized this. Trust that your body knows better than anything else in the universe what it needs to do to balance itself and improve its functioning. And it will take the time it needs to do the job properly - if you only give it that chance and trust that it knows best. In any event, 10, 20, even 40 days is not a lot, given that we’ve lived 14,500+ days by the time we’re 40!

On a cleanse, your body has a clear opportunity to do these things because it is not spending 50-70% of its energy resources digesting and assimilating food and other substances. Give your body that chance. Fully. Don’t assess the good that is happening inside of you emotionally. Improvement in one’s health is OFTEN confused with the removal of symptoms. Symptoms are not the cause of disease, they are the markers of the body’s attempt to flush the toxicity that is making it unwell.

If you have any expectations, expect your body to do what’s best for you in the long run.

You have to cause good health, not just avoid poor health.
    Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Yvie

Senior

What happened to Chrissi? I started my regime today and yes, I'm taking a lot of strain, especially because the girls in the office eat such nice things for lunch - I only ever eat salads for lunch and I do miss my salad today. I can detect slap chips being eaten down the passage...oh my word!!!! My only dread is tonight when I have to go home and cook for my husband. That is going to be torture! We do the NO MEAT MONDAYS and we love our steamed veggies and pastas. So...what to do what to do!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.