The SA Master Cleanse Forum » My Master Cleanse Experience

Clay R's Master Cleanse

(23 posts)

1. ClayR

Senior

Eve of Day 1
    I’m really looking forward to the cleanse. It's now the night before, and I've had my tea, which is a mix of Black Forest Tea and a Rooibos/Senna blend. I think I’m well prepared... I don't ever eat meat or chicken (but occasionally a bit of fish). Over the last few weeks I’ve had no dairy, wheat, coffee etc. I’ve stuck to just fruit, nuts, seeds, fresh salads, healthy soups, smoothies, and lots of water. I’m planning to go for an initial 19 days, which is when my wife returns from an overseas trip, then she’ll start her 10 days, which I’ll go along with, so my total will hopefully be at least 29 days...

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. ClayR

Senior

Day 1 is done! Went smoothly, feeling really good, clear, energised... loving it
    Thanks Solman for encouragement.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. ClayR

Senior

Day 2 - all good. Did the SWF again first thing in the morning, drank the whole litre in about 6 minutes, didn't taste too bad, as I tried to imagine it being a slightly salty soup:) - and it gave results in about half an hour. Thereafter I was not even thirsty, so my next liquid intake was the lemonade at only about 14h30. The rest of the day until bedtime, which is about now at 22h50, I've only had about two litres of water and three lemonades. My lemonade recipe so far has been slightly 'doctored' - it consists of everything as prescribed - except that I have 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of the maple syrup mixed with 0.5 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses. And my energy levels have been pretty high since the start - I still go on a couple of k's of daily hiking up the mountain and down again at a brisk pace or even at a jog. Now it's nightcap time with my black forest tea and rooibos/senna blend.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. ClayR

Senior

Day 2 - Another effortless day. I haven't had time yet to read all of the other's MC diaries, but afetr hearing quite a bit about how difficult day 2 and 3 are, I must be very lucky. This morning I 'downed' the SWF inabout 2 minutes - it wasn't a problem at all. It came right through about 30 minutes later. I then had 3 lemonades the whole day, and 2 litres of water. I've been anticipating going through some tough times, but nothing yet, maybe later? Energy levels were ridiculously good - I did my daily mountain hike - being a stunning Cape Town sunny day I even went double the distance, and I outran the dogs again! :) Maybe the lemonade is the right fuel for exercise?

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. ClayR

Senior

oops! my last entry should have read as 'Day 3'

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. ClayR

Senior

Day 4 - Well my only concern now is that my MC diary here might get a bit boring and predictable if it carries on like this - as there's nothing much new to report. This morning's SWF was downed in 2 minutes again, then flushed through 30 to 40 minutes later. I only had 2 lemonades, as I ran out of lemons. I had my first one at 12 noon - then at about 17h00 I went through to the Wellness Warehouse to get more organic lemons, and had a few more errands to do, so I only got back home at 18h30, and I made my 2nd lemonade at about 19h00.

There's one bit of trivia I haven't mentioned yet - which is that during my daily mountain hike/walk/run - I have a ritual whereby I drink from a high-up stream that runs down from one of the 12 Apostles ravines, which is not 'filtered' or 'purified', so I'm not sure if it's a no-no according to the text book? My feeling is that it's ok because there's nothing but natural mountain rock upstream, and it's largely filtered by the rocks and sand on it's way down, and it tastes better than any other water ever!

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. ClayR

Senior

Day 5 - Pretty uneventful as usual (in terms of the MC). Had the usual SWF - went through in 30 to 60 minutes. Then waited 2 hours until myfirst lemonade at 9h00. Then went out and about on business so only had my next lemonade at home at about 17h30. My last lemonade of the day was at 21h00. Had my usual tea nightcap.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. ClayR

Senior

Day 6 - same as it ever was :) ... The only change is that I had 4 lemonades, and no hike or run due to the rain & cold - finally Cape Town gets a bit of winter... oddly on the first day of spring though!

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. ClayR

Senior

Day 7 - Still thriving on the MC. Somehow it all seems to go like clockwork. Besides feeling totally physically sharp, my mind feels incredibly clear. I'm definitely not keen to stop at Day 10... I'm so enjoying the way I'm feeling that I can barely imagine wolfing down the food that I normally would have done.

I'm definitely drinking more of the lemonade than during the first few days... I had 5 today... Maybe it's because I need the fuel to achieve the level of energy that I'm operating at, or to compensate for the amount of food I would usually eat.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. ClayR

Senior

Day 8 - done & dusted! I forgot to mention that I had one or two temporary energy slumps over the last few days - each lasting maybe an hour max, but these were luckily compensated by energy boosts - soon after a lemonade down the hatch. Today was fine though... energy up right through. I did the mountain hike again - and ran most of the way. I'm still thoroughly enjoying the lemonade mix - everything by the book except with 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup and 0.5 blackstrap molasses - yum:). I haven't found out anything yet about whether or not it's ok to continue with my nightly tea mix of one bag of Black Forest and one of Rooibos/Senna.

I've decided that I definitely want to carry on past day 10 for longer... I'm almost thinking I could be addicted to this feelgood space:).

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. sue

Hi... I'm on Day 3, but I am drinking about 10 or so glasses of the lemonade! My energy levels are great (even handled my daughter's party without any problems!) and I haven't had any negative effects at all. Are you losing loads of weight? I believe the less maple syrup you have, the more weight you lose, so I expect it is falling off for you!

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. ClayR

Senior

Day 9 - Still cruising along very happily. Loads of energy... seems to have been higher than ever today.

Hi Sue, I'm averaging about 4 lemonades a day. I think it's partially because I just kind of get on with my day and almost forget about the whole MC thing, and it's also maybe due to my drinking loads of water. My one regret is that I haven't weighed myself on the MC, but I'd guess I've lost about 6 to 8 k's - my family and friends say it looks like more. My objective hasn't really been to lose weight though, it's more about phasing out of a bad consumption lifestyle, and easing into a more health conscious routine.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. ClayR

Senior

Day 10! I can hardly believe it's gone so smoothly - each day seemed to just get easier and easier. Energy has been incredibly abundant, increasing all the time. Today I went on a 4 hour mountain run, and could have gone for more! I'm just going to carry on tomorrow and see how each day goes.

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Mike

lemonHead

Nice one Clay! Probably one of the most amazing insights the MC can offer is the fact that, contrary to popular "wisdom", food (and its digestion) detracts from our available physical energy as opposed to increasing it. Now that you have a better understanding of how little it takes to feel abundantly energetic you will find phasing in a more conscious lifestyle far easier than it might be without having taken this little break from the mainstream.

And the same wisdom applies to whenever we are "sick" - by far the best thing to do is to rest and stop eating (like the animals do) and give your body all the energy and resources it needs to heal itself. You have only to try it to see for yourself. Eating "to keep your strength up" is probably the biggest health crime we inflict on ourselves and hinders healing unnecessarily. Mothers all over the world inflict this on their kids, while hospitals, nurses and doctors inflict it on us adults! Not to mention the dismal quality of the meals you will find in any clinic or hospital!

The human body is an incredible, self-healing organism. Proper care and feeding will consistently deliver abundant health and vitality. Nothing extra required. Nothing.

Sue - drink as much lemonade as you feel you need. Experience has shown that it will not affect your weight loss at all.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 10 years ago #
  15. ClayR

Senior

Day 11 - I decided to carry on, so day 11 was completed last night! I'm wondering when I'm going to get bored/hungry and pack it all in. Yesterday I met a friend over lunch and it wasn't a problem, I had a glass of water, whilst he wolfed down a very unhealthy looking meal.

I'm now managing to down the SWF in less than a minute - is that too fast?

Thanks Mike for the reminder about fasting for healing. It always works for me - and my dogs and cats:). Last year my wife and I did an awesome raw foods course, and it reminded us about how we oppress our systems by shovelling in bad food - and also how the most energy-draining activity we can indulge in would be to eat badly, placing our entire digestive system and organs on high alert to deal with coping with the rubbish and bad combinations. Eeeuw!

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. ClayR

Senior

Day 12 - Energy levels still nice and high:). The only new development is that for the first time on the MC I’ve felt either constipated or gassy?... very intriguing! I’m wondering if it’s because I ran out of blackstrap molasses a few days ago, so I’m having only the maple syrup in the mix? Or is it because I had my first mint tea on Sunday night - which my friend had put a teaspoon of honey in which I only realised after I’d had it? Other than that, I’m still feeling good and wanting to carry on with the MC.

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. ClayR

Senior

Day 13 - Now that was a surprise! I missed having my SWF for the first time since day 1, but nevertheless, I passed some liquidy brown stuff (eeeuw) after having felt constipated / blocked / gassy - overnight and in the morning... where did THAT come from? There is still a lingering slightly painful spot or two in what feels like the intestine. Besides this issue, I had great energy to the extent that I ran up and down the mountain on a very hot summery afternoon:).

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. ClayR

Senior

Day 14 - did the SWF again, all went down in less than a minute. Was so busy out and about the rest of the day that I only had water throughout - and amazingly my energy levels were constantly high. Then I only managed to have one lemonade before my herbal tea nightcap. Overall - I'm so glad I'm pushing through beyond the first 10 days - otherwise I wouldnever have discovered that I still need to clean out a lot more of stuff accumulated over decades! For the last few days I've even felt a bit clogged up in the intestines - it surely can't be from the lemonade, it's got to be embedded stuff from before. That's why it makes a huge lot of sense for us to really do a proper cleanse for a good period of time to ensure that we rid our bodies of al of the impurities and toxins. This is happening to me right now despite that I'm a vegetarian and went on a 3 week semi-cleanse before starting the MC. I can only imagine how much cleansing a meat eater would need!

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Mike

lemonHead

I'm totally with you there Clay - the longer the Cleanse the better. Its a tad unreasonable to expect to clear out decades of unconscious eating and lifestyle in just ten days! But its a good start :) I was totally amazed by stuff coming out near the end of a forty day Cleanse!

The longer you Cleanse (especially for us older folk) the greater the distance between you and your "old style" of eating/living, something which helps tremendously in breaking habits and getting over bad food (sugar/fat/salt) cravings. There's an old adage that says it takes 21 days to break a habit or develop a new one. I'd double that if you've got some really well-ingrained, self-defeating ones.

Rock on and don't forget a lemonade toast to Stanley Burroughs :)

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. tshepisom

wow power to you. I am no my 7th day and everything is going well. so keep up ClayR

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.