The SA Master Cleanse Forum » My Master Cleanse Experience

Starting on the MC

(20 posts)

1. Solman

Senior

Hi Mike,

I received my couples pack last week and I will be starting the MC tomorrow, tonight I will be having the tea before going to bed, I weigh 107kg and hoping to loose at least 10kg. My wife is also hoping to loose 10kg and we looking forward to it.

Solman

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Solman, hope you guys enjoy your Cleanse :) 10kg in ten days is a little ambitious, especially for ladies! Just relax, let your body do what it will and in a weeks time see if you're ready to keep your Cleanse going a little longer to get to your goals. Weight loss tends to average around 500g an day over the hole period, about 200-400g for women - roughly the amount your body generally consumes in a day.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Solman

Senior

DAY 1, I started this morning, the SWF was not as bad as I expected, I was able to drink it within 5 minutes. It really kicked after about two hours or so. I have not felt hungry just the expected headache, so far everything has been as expected. I looking forward to day 2 and I'm taking each day as it comes.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Solman

Senior

DAY 2, The SWF went down easier this morning, I suppose I'm getting used to it. The headache is gone, still not hungry but just craving for food, I guess my mind is playing tricks on me. I also don't pee like i did on day 1 (I peed like a million times). I have lost about a kilo or so. So far so good. I'm handling the first of the difficult days well I guess. I'm looking forward to day 3.

Solman

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Solman

Senior

DAY 3, SWF was not as intense as day 2, I only went to the loo once, last night I had a bit stomach cramps nothing major though. I'm on the second of difficult days, its still early in the morning no challenges thus far. I have lost about 2.5kg already :) .

Solman

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Solman

Senior

DAY 4, Everything is on track, the day started as usual with the SWF which went down well, I'm not hungry which is good, day 3 was challenging because in the afternoon I was hungry and my daily 2 litre lemonade was finished. I decided to go to the gym, nothing hectic but just to take my mind off food, which worked wonders. So far day 3 was the most difficult. I feel good and my energy levels have not gone down, no detox symptoms today. I have been drinking a lot of water, I've had just over a liter so far and I'm enjoying the cleanse. Ohh I have lost about 4kg already.

Solman

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Solman

Senior

DAY 7, I'm on the third of the difficut days, everything is still ok, day 5 and 6 were tough, being a weekend at home and family members making food made it a bit tough but I made it. I'm now used to the SWF, it does not bother me at all, last night though imediately after drinking the laxa tea, my stomuch started rumbling and Ihad gas which was odd because I hadn't had gas since I started the MC, and in the morning I had to go to the loo before the SWF. The energy level is great, not hungry at all and total weight loss, 8kg, :) I've been to the gum twice during the cleanse simply because I wanted to take my mind off food, I think that accelerated the weight loss.

Its still early in the morning of day 7 but I'm already looking forward to day 8.

Solman

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Solman

Senior

DAY 8, I started this morning as normal, SWF, all is good so far, I did not loose any weight yesterday, I'm still at 8kg total loss, my energy level is up, I went to the gym yesterday and attended an hour of earobic class and drank about a liter of water during and a liter after the class and my energy levels were still good, I was not tired and not hungry. Day 9 here I come.

Solman

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Solman

Senior

DAY 8, I started this morning as normal, SWF, all is good so far, I did not loose any weight yesterday, I'm still at 8kg total loss, my energy level is up, I went to the gym yesterday and attended an hour of earobic class and drank about a liter of water during and a liter after the class and my energy levels were still good, I was not tired and not hungry. Day 9 here I come. :D

Solman

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Solman

Senior

Day 10, To dream the impossible dream, To fight the unbeatable foe, To bear with unbearable sorrow, To run where the brave dare not go "singing" :wink: Today is the last day of the MC, I did it, yes I did it, no food for 10 days, energy levels amazingly high, I have lost 8kg kilos, I was hoping to loose 10kg, I am happy though, this was just a start for me. The MC has changed how I look at food, I've made a meal and training plan which I will start from Monday 06/09, I'm great and happy, my wife has commented on how smooth my skin feels. I feel healthier than I did before the cleanse. I wouldn't have done it if it weren't for the MC forum thank you guys and thank you Mike. :D

Solman

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. ClayR

Senior

Viva Solman! Viva! Well done to you. It's so cool to hear how inspired you are, I can totoally relate. Good to hear that you're gonna change your eating lifestyle... exactly what we should all be doing.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Mike

lemonHead

Nice one Solman. The Master Cleanse was the easy part :) changing eating habits is an ongoing challenge (not to mention against the mainstream commercial grain) but its a lot easier with this new (or rather, newly remembered) clarity and awareness of the effects of certain foods on how good you feel. Use this time wisely you must ;)

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. mbali

Mike what is SWF and MC

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Mike

lemonHead

Hi mbali - SWF is an abbreviation for the Salt Water Flush and MC is the Master Cleanse :)

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. Queen D

Junior

Hello everyone.
    I have just started my MC today and well I have to tell you the SWF was fine, taste wise, I just think I may have drunk too much water as I felt it all in my throat (not going down). Probably over did the amount of water (3 mug fulls)
    I would like to know Mike, I am sure I read somewhere in the book or on the site that you can eat the pith and cells of the lemon? Is this correct? I peel 1/2 a lemon after extracting the juice and then either eat the rest of the lemon or generally blend it with the juice etc.
    Question 2:- there is no specific amount of water that you need to add to the mixture. I generally add 750ml instead of 330ml, I find it fills you up longer as you have all this flavoured water inside of you.
    I am actually starving. Got up at 6.30am for the SWF that did nothing and only had 2 glass of lemonade it is now 15h45. I work long hours so have to stretch it out. Will only get home around 23h00 to midnight. I have to pursue it, the MC
    Was not really going to write, but perhaps I will. Everyone is always very motivating and supportive. Thank you all.
    I need to succeed. I know I can.

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. Queen D

Junior

Hello everyone,
    Well I have almost completed day 3 and I have also read the guide book by Mike (should have done it before I started, as I was told, then I would not have had to ask the silly questions above. Apologies for that. If you would please delete both this post and post no.3 above. Thank you and good luck to all.

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Joy

Senior

Hello Queen. I hope your day 4 is going well and all the best for the rest of your journey. There is no such thing as silly questions, you simply asked questions because you wanted clarity on ceratin things and there is nothing to apologise for. It is better to ask questions when you are not sure about something rather than keep quite. Give yourself permission to laugh at yourself sometimes, it is good therapy, lol. Enjoy. xoxo

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Queen D

Junior

Hello Joy. Thank you for the motivation and strength that you pass on all the time. You are a marvel. I am so glad that you are sailing through the MC at both a rapid pace and with such ease.
    Day 4 for me, actually fine, but I truly cannot say that I do not get hungry. I am definitely managing so far. I generally only start having the lemonade from about noon and thereafter every two hours. In the morning I just drink gallons of water to fill me up. I hope that I do not, and cannot over flood my insides/kidneys. During the day I also drink loads of water, way more than 2litres a day. Sometimes around 6 -7litres, with the SWF and lemonade it probably amounts to between 8- 9litres a day. Surely this is far to much? What do you think? Anyway it does get me through the day. Thank you once again for the kind words, the strength and motivation. Be strong and go in health, we will succeed. Lol, Chat soon.

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Queen D. That's a lot of liquid a day but you need to let your body guide you. If you feel you need it then drink, but too much of anything is not great for you. The lemonade should be sipped rather than drunk like a normal glass of cooldrink - at once or over a few minutes and throughout the day. Start early - don't wait to have your first glass around noon. Whenever you 'feel hungry', have a sip or two. Because you have so little to do on the Cleanse it is common to get a bit overfocussed on the little things you do have to do. Try to distract and busy yourself throughout the day. No worries, lots of rest and relaxation...

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. Joy

Senior

Hi Queen D. I hope your day 5 is going well. I use 5 litres of Woolies still water daily, I use 1litre for the SWF, then the rest for 6 glasses lemonade, drink 6 glasses and 1 cuppa laxa tea. As Mike said above, I find taking my glass of lemonade in the morning, an hour after the SWF helpful and then I take the rest whenever I feel hungry but I amke sure that I drink a glass of water for every glass of lemonade as Mike recommended in the book.
    All the best.

xoxo

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.