The SA Master Cleanse Forum » My Master Cleanse Experience

Just begun

(28 posts)

1. Elaine

I started the cleanse last night with the tea (not bad). Prepared my SWF last night, took the first swig this morning... EEEUW! Does ones body get used to drinking the SWF? I was talking aloud to myself the whole way through drinking it, motivating myself, why I am doing this - it all went down and none came up. Tried to go back to bed to wait for the effects - not a good idea - the water kept creeping back up, so I walked around reading the survivors guide yet again (thanks Mike - a real treasure to have)1 1/2hrs later, the SWF kicked in! Made the lemonade, definitely worth waiting for - absolutely yummy! At work right now (12:00) feeling a tad bit naseous, extremely tired and the tummy is rumbling (not from hunger) I have no hunger pains so far. I do feel that I could definitely become addicted to the lemonade - I have not tasted anything as refreshing as the lemonade. Am drinking water in between the lemonade and so now we will see what tomorrow will bring.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. karen_c

Senior

Haha, I love reading these stories of everyone beginning their MC. I also love the lemonade and keep making it on and off. I must say I also enjoyed the SWF, I find it sort of liberating. Now don't stop posting Elaine, we want to hear all about it... :)

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Elaine

Hi all, I have survived day 5 into the cleanse. Getting a slight headache today, shoulders seems to be quite sore but on day 3, OMG!! my right shoulder blade was on fire. Other than that, no other side effects. No pimples, actually my skin looks gorgeous. Mouth feels a bit awful but no coated tongue yet. The SWF was so much better on day 2 and gets better with each day that passes - no problem there. I have decided to continue the cleanse another 5 days and have just placed an order with Mike.
    My husband has been so supportive and we are able to go out to eat breakfasts and dinners with him eating alone and me ordering an empty glass with a still water. Glass is for my dinner of "yummy lemon juice". I have no problems watching him eat or smelling all the different foods, in fact, when I look at the food it does not seem appetising. I think I have become addicted to the lemonade as my taste buds salivate at the mere thought of it. No weight loss at this point in time, but I feel good!!

Till later...

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Elaine, sounds like you're having a coupl'a detox issues there :) For me that's always a very positive thing because it shows your body is addressing some issue in the affected area. All by itself, without any need for any diagnosis either. And, unlike with "medication", when its over its usually gone for good! Even stuff you never knew was there in the first place! Just stay relaxed and let it all flow through you, its all temporary and, obviously, necessary.

I also noticed how unappetising food starts looking during the Cleanse, then I realised that actually it was only the cooked food (or other processed/packaged food) that looked so bad - the raw stuff (salads etc) seemed to glow with an attractive and delectable radiant energy! We have an unerringly accurate, built-in food guidance system, we just need to re-sensitise ourselves to it again...

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Elaine

Day 6 - The SWF is definitely going down easier. My lower back (kidney areas) is taking a bit of strain today and my right upper arm is sore. Seems I must have hurt the right side sometime in my life as the MC has really brought this to the fore. Oh yes, the pimples are appearing. It is amazing how each one of us is different. AND I have lost 2.3kg to boot. Let's hope it stays lost and I never find it again.

Till tomorrow....

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. starter1

WOW. I just started today. I looking forward to it. I have tried the MC before and did not even last a day. I spoke to a friend who has been doing it for a while. She advised me to get as much info about the MC as possible that way I will be prepared. She also advised that I do it at the same time as her so that I have support.
    I did the SWF this morning it tastes NASTY!!!! And so far I have had 2 glasses of lemonade and 2 glasses of water. I giving it my all today and I am glad that I have support. I told myself that I am going to take it one day at a time. The worst thing is some guy it work came with the most delicious looking cake I have ever seen but I told him that I will it, there is no need for me to have it now as there will be other cakes after my detox. Till tomorrow, Wish me luck....

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Barbara

Senior

Hi Elaine and starter1 -
    all I can say is that the MC does get a little easier day by day. In the beginning it seems like Mount Everest but every day one gets closer to the top. And it is really worth it. Headaches and muscular aches are definitely part of the detox. I did not have any problems with looking at food or preparing it. In fact, I liked preparing meals for my husband (who thinks he got the best culinary care ever while I was on the MC!) because it made me understand, that there is no famine out there that my body was responding to. But rather that I had chosen to forego food for a while. I do think it is important to know that this is a choice and not something that is forced upon one. The food will be there when you have finished the MC, it ain't going away. I have not lost any more weight nor put on any, but I am really watching what I eat and am more aware of the whole act of selecting, preparing, eating and enjoying food. Good luck - don't give up - you will be so happy and proud of yourself once you have completed 10 days.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Barbara

Senior

Oh just a PS to my post just now -
    if you do prepare food, for whatever reason, remember not to lick your fingers. It's such an easy automatic thing to do. And I would suggest definitely no smelling, sniffing and deep inhaling of any food scent. I suspect it would get the appetite centre in your brain going which you do not need...:)

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. spinneli

hey guys! so great to have such a forum to use as means of motivation and inspiration to keep going! i started the cleanse last Wednesday, making today Day6! Trust me, for someone that always punts willpower to the world, i tend to fall off the bandwagon quite regularly, until now! i have thus far lost 4kg and i am ecstatic! It may not seem like much to most but to someone like me who has always had weight issues, this is great! I would like to incorporate gym, as i do actually enjoy it, and was curious to know if this was advisable?
    On the whole cleanse, i really am not a fan of the taste and i do miss food, but i keep telling myself that i have a bigger goal: My health!
    I went to a barbeque/braai yesterday and while everyone was gorging down food and wine (my fav), i was sitting pretty with my lemonade and water! i made sure i made some in casse i was tempted and i am sooooo glad i did because i did not touch any of the wine, nor did i eat anything! Shooo! :)
    4 more days to go and hoping that i can increase it to at least 5 more days... wish me luck! :)

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. sharkfin

Senior

Ola spinelli. Welcome to the club :) You can gym if you want, you just won't have long term stamina. Keep it light and don't push it too much, this is supposed to be a bit of rest and recuperation for your body. If you do feel faint just ease off and have some lemonade. I found the best thing is to wait till you're done, eating (wisely) and raring to go!

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. spinneli

morning y'all! thank you for the advice sharkfin! i think i will just rest my body, it needs it, he,he,he!
    i woke up feeling strange this morning. No pains but strange...i am currently sipping on the tea as the moment and my mood is lifting slightly. Is this all normal?
    On the other hand, my sister went away for a weekend rendezvous and when she got back yesterday she was shocked to see the difference the detox has made to my body! She gained a few kilos over the weekend and after seeing me, she is going on the diet from toay! Another one bites the dust! :)

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. spinneli

just a p.s note from my previous post:
    i struggled keeping the SWF down and have over the past few days been drinking the tea instead. Is this still ok? i would like to try the SWF again over the coming weekend but i jus wanted to make sure that all is well... ;)

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. Mike

lemonHead

Hi spinelli. Even though Stanley Burroughs suggest you can occasionally do the tea in the morning instead of the SWF, it's actually not a good idea to use the tea only more than that. There are a couple of reasons but the main one is centred around how it works. The body wants to get rid of something that is causing it irritation in the intestines(ie the active herbs in the tea) and to do that it increases peristaltic activity (muscle contractions) and adds water to the mix to hasten its departure.

Because you have not been eating you have no bulk in your intestinal tract so this peristalsis is not effective at ejection. It helps to loosen faecal matter from the walls but does not eject it efficiently because there is nothing to squeeze through. This is what the SWF does and does well. Literally. It flushes through and sweeps loosened stuff out with it. Stuff that you're better off having outside than in. Hence the overnight tea and SWF in the morning. It works.

Stay with the SWF. Most of us found it hard in the beginning but its necessary. Reread the first post in this thread for a common experience. The 'Survivor's Guide' has a bunch of tips to get this all down till you get the hang of it, use them. Don't give up too soon and too easily, stick with it and you'll get it right. Cleansing is the name and cleansing is the mission.

:)

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. Christa

I am very glad that I found this website, as I have been stumbling around in the dark! And right here in SA! Cant wait to read the master cleanse book and getting ready for a proper fast! And I am carefully reading all the posts to learn as much as possible :-)

Posted 11 years ago #
  15. caramiame

HI all -- I am on day 17 and have lost 9 kg so far. I planned on stopping on day 10 but my tongue was and still is yellow! I have been doing the tea which I really like, occasional swf's -- only because sometimes I just don't have the time to do them, and drinking the lemonade. I really like it! At first the cayenne was yucky to me but now I find myself adding more and more and it tastes yummy! The only thing I am not doing quite right is lots of water in addition to the lemonade. Do you think that is why I still have the yellow tongue and minimal detox symptoms? I really let myself go and gained alot. I have about 20-30more kg to lose. I may come off this cleanse and do another in June with my son when he is out of school.I thought I might come off tomorrow but I really don't want to. Any advice for me?

Posted 11 years ago #
  16. sharkfin

Senior

Keep going while the going's good is my advice. Steer towards "feels good" :)

Posted 11 years ago #
  17. karen_c

Senior

Hi caramiame, if your tongue is still yellow I would also say keep going. A longer Cleanse is far better than two short ones cos your body is in the groove now, but if you need to stop that's okay too, you can get back to it. Whatever you do, enjoy it and use how you're feeling as motivation to think about your eating habits. I can warn you from experience that changing eating habits is not easy, but its an ongoing labour of love (for yourself).

:)

Posted 11 years ago #
  18. Sp@rX

Senior

Just started my Mc! Done the SWF waiting to see if its gona work for me. Looking forward to the next few days!!! =]

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Sp@rX

Senior

Havent gotten any results yet from the SWF. Should I repeat this tonight or tomorrow morning? Finding it easy to stick to but I think reality hasn't set in with my body yet:)Is it ok for me to keep using Grade A Maple Syrup? Or must I switch to Molasses? Its just until I can get my Grade B

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. bunnywabbit

Junior

Hello I just started the MC but i am not sure how much salt-water to use for the SWF I did my laxative last night and it did work I just need help regarding the SWF I am using the molasses instead of the syrup.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.