The SA Master Cleanse Forum » General Master Cleanse Chatter

Starting the Fast

(27 posts)

1. Anonymous

Hi guys ,I have been starting the fast and battling to finish the 10 days,is there any person that can motivte me and start with me???

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Hi Phat Chick

What specifically do you tend to struggle with and how many days do you manage to get through before quitting?

It's important to know these things before I can offer any advice or assistance.

The Master Cleanse - "Cleansing the world one cell at a time"
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Anonymous

I have done the fast before,went for 17 days,now 3 days is very long ,I cannot last up until 3 days.I get soooooo hungry I loose control.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. There's not much I can say to you except that you need to persevere. Getting over the three or four day hump can prove to be quite difficult, but once you have gotten over that hump, the hunger cravings diminish more and more each day.

Always try remind yourself of the reasons why you wanted to do the cleanse in the first place, it can help to motivate you. I always write down my motivations before starting a cleanse so that I can stay motivated and get over the hump when things are feeling a little rocky.

You've done it before so you know you have it in you. When would you like to start your cleanse, I'll happily do a cleanse with you if you'd like :)

Sounds like you may need to get some more syrup if you keep getting to day 3 and quitting.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Anonymous

Thank you so much!!!I need to start ASAP,or else I will keep postponing!If you are ready May we start tonight with the tea,I have all the ingredients so Im ready to go!!!!

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. That sounds fine to me. I also have all the ingredients. Normally I would've given myself a few days to prepare, and I would normally start a cleanse closer to the weekend (tea on Thursday night, start cleanse on Friday) so that I'm over the 3 day hump by the time I have to go to work on Monday, but what the hell :)

Tea it is tonight :)

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Anonymous

Hi lemonhead...My Fast has begun!!!eish had stomach cramps early in the morning,woke up did my SWF..had my lemonade mixture already!!!
    Im going to start weighing myself tomorrow,have to replace the cell for my scale...

How is it going on your side??

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Hey there :)

Not too much to report from my side, except that I'm also not going to be smoking for the duration of the cleanse, and If I can make it through 10 days of that, I'll be incredibly chuffed. I've been smoking for 27 years, so it's not at all easy.

What I find very interesting is how my craving for food supercedes my craving for cigarettes.

Other than that, I'm feeling good, optimistic & motivated. Usually I only weigh myself on day 5 and day 10 because our weight fluctuates all the time & keeping too close an eye on it can sometimes be disheartening. Additionally, weight loss is not my primary concern as I'm quite slim as it is. I just want to flush all the toxins from my body and gain clarity in my thoughts.

I'll try post everyday either in the morning or the evening to give you updates.

Remember to keep reminding yourself of why you wanted to do the cleanse in the first place, this should assist in keeping your eyes on the end prize.

So far so good :)

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. SueJo

Senior

Hi both, :-) Today was my first day too. My stomach worked this morning. I felt super hungry in the morning and had 5 of the 6 glasses by 1.30. I was able to stay busy for the afternoon, had my final glass at 6.30. Feeling slightly hungry but clearheaded. Looking forward to a good sleep tonight.

I drink water when I feel the hunger pang. It settles me and gives me a full feeling.

Rest well, and day one is complete.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. Anonymous

Hi Sue-Welcome to the club!!!

Day 1 went very well,got hungry but had the mixture,with more syrup,felt super energetic,even did the 8 minute tybo work out.

Day 2-So far so good SWF went well ,have stomach cramps though,keep going to the loo.Had my second glass of the mixture.I will only weigh myself after 5 days,funny enough I feel light already...

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. SueJo

Senior

Thanks.:-) I'm not yet experiencing any major detox but my mind is thinking about food. Went to organic market for lemons. Lordy all that food. And I'm hot. I have an event tonight which will be a push. But feeling strong.

This morning I was slightly cramped. Very little movement. Woke super dehydrated although yesterday I had plenty of water and slept hydrated.

Looking forward to my next glass.

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. SueJo

Senior

Noticing how a stressful situation is making me think more about food.

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. Hey SueJo, always try to keep your 'Eyes on the end prize."

Don't let stress be the thing to throw you off course. Stand strong, revisit your master cleanse objectives and stay focused. Your cravings are the only thing standing between you and success. Use that to your advantage :)

I can't stress this enough, but keep reminding yourself of what you intended to achieve when preparing for the cleanse. Also, think about how awesome you'll feel, and the goals you will have achieved once the cleanse is over. By the way, 10 days is the 'minimum' requirement of the cleanse, however it can be extended, depending on your or your body's needs. Quitting so soon in the process essentially nullifies your original effort to get going. I'm sure you don't want that?

I am currently paddling the same boat you are. Keep your head together, your objectives in focus and your intentions/goals/outcomes easily visible. They are your friends.

There are 3 of us on this forum busy doing this cleanse at the same time, while all experiencing the same, or similar, symptoms. If we pull together WE CAN DO THIS!

I, we, and you are all here to help each other endure through the difficult patches. Be a trooper and hang in there. You'll be so glad you did. May your inner force be strong within you ;)

@ PhatChick, well done so far! Rock on girl!

:)

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. Anonymous

OH My Word !!! I cant stop thinking about FOOD as well,I have been checking pictures of food on the internet,makes me better!!!

I am not going to quit,not this time,tomorrow is my third day all the hunger will go away!

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. SueJo

Senior

Thanks so much Pat. I think it is serendipity that we're doing it at the same time.The immediate stress has passed. I've had another glass. Hunger is settled. So has irritability about an external situation. I have a slight headache I got from fumes from building work in the house...but feeling positive again. And finally finished preparing supper for my husband so all is good. Getting read for a business event tonight. I am never tempted to eat that food because I am vegan.

@PhatChick - way to go. we can have the cravings but they shall pass. I tried quitting cigarettes 3 x. Third time I did it. First two times my head wasn't there. And I used a stressful situation both times as an excuse. I felt just like that today. BUt I employed the tactic I used in my successful time more than 15 years ago. I breathe deeply. I worked out that the need to smoke was a need to breathe - because it appeared to calm the mind. Same with food. We want to eat our feelings away. (Because the master cleanse provides energy & nutrition we know its not about that.) I find breathing deeply really helpful.

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Touche :)

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. SueJo

Senior

Back from the event. wow. Happy to be at home. Left early. Feeling hungry and tired but not in a negative way. Just. I am grateful that on day 2 i had no serious caffeine headaches. Just on the weekend I was still at 3/4 cups a day. And tomorrow is day 3. Oh yeah. So excited. I break it up in my head. Day 3,7,14,21... One day at a time. Making my tea. relaxing on the couch. Celebrating the accomplishment of the day. Grateful to have you both and Mike as a support. When I decided to do this I didn't expect to have any at all. I didn't know about this website. SO it's a super plus to have your all on my journey and me on yours.

@Mike - Thanks for providing this platform for us and investing so much of your energy and time at no cost into supporting our health and well-being. I really am touched. Blessings

xxx

@Pat and @PhatChick Strength and Blessings to you both

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. SueJo

Senior

Good morning. How are you both this morning. I slept well. Woke super dehydrated, with slight joint ache in elbows. Slight cramps. Stomach started working about 2.5 hours after SWF. Not much as been released over last 3 days. It's still rumbling so I know there is some more to come. Not feeling hungry. Usually I need two glasses of my drink to start the day. But today one feels enough. Still no major detox. Skin cleared up by the end of day 1. I know when it comes it will be intense. I have some serious issues that need healing so when the body gets to those areas I assume it will be quite a release.

Dreaming of pizzas. wondering why I didn't have a last supper on the weekend or something. Oh how the mind loves to turn.

Stay strong and have a happy day.

Blessings
    SueJo

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. Anonymous

Day 3
    Morning,Im dead tired,couldnt wake up this morning,felt like i had a major hangover,I just has one glass of the mixture,getting better i guess,not hungry at all,not even thinking about food today.Im glad its my 3rd day,atleast my food cravings are gone "hopefully" will have a great weekend ,will just stay indoors and watch movies...
    I cant wait to weigh myself ,Im FAT,one of my goal is to loose weight.
    Let us keep it going TEAM!

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. SueJo

Senior

Well done PhatChick.

Perhaps in another thread we can share ideas for how you are to eat afterwards.This will mean nothing if you don't have a plan. You may have on already of course. :-) It really is a lifestyle. Nothing short term will do it. The faster we lose the weight the less likely we are to keep it off. This does help to heal the body so that you a) are not physically craving anything; and b) you rebalance the system so it can process food efficiently. But for life it means no animal products and processed foods. Some people don't lose anything at all. Sometimes the body stores fat during a fast. So don't expect too much. Do you already exercise? Although diet 70% and exercise 30%. Let us know if you need support to explore recipes and lifestyles for yourself after.

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.