The SA Master Cleanse Forum » My Master Cleanse Experience

Lynnie's Experience

(11 posts)

1. Lynnie

Senior

Hi. Would like to keep record of this and share what I am going through.

Yesterday, Day 1
    Really, really bad. Everything ached, headaches were really severe, felt hungry, almost gave up until I posted the article on Headaches-help!!!!! Luckily I pulled through. The SWF was horrible - every time I took a sip it just gushed out. I only managed 500 ml of the salt drink and with everything that came out I really don't know how much stayed down. I love the lemonade drink.

Today, Day 2
    Took 1 hr to drink the SW and it stayed down over that period. Just sipped bits by bits. But then found out you need to drink it within 15 minutes at least so will try tomorrow - yuk! Stomach feels really bloated. Headaches nothing to compare in relation to those of yesterday. Body still aching. No hunger pangs today. So yes, much stronger than yesterday thank heavens.

Will report back on Day 3 tomorrow late afternoon

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. Lynnie

Senior

SWF went much better today - all mind over matter I guess. Body feeling better and headache eezing off. Urine is exceptionally orange - is that from the cayenne pepper?

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Lynnie, nope, the cayenne shouldn't do that. Orange/deep yellow is usually elimination of excess vitamins (B mainly and sometimes other medication) or could be a sign you're not drinking enough lemonade and water (dehydration)? Not necessarily though, anything darker than a very light yellow its simply a clear sign your kidneys are eliminating stuff (detox). Glad you're over the headaches. Have you had problems with headaches before? Strong detox symptoms are often indicators of previous issues that are being addressed in earnest.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 4 years ago #
  4. Lynnie

Senior

Thanks for that Mike. Maybe get a migraine x 1 annually. When I do get its really bad - normally have a drip and heavy medication. Have had a lot of tension and muscle spasms from my waist to the top of my head but that's because I have an invalid adult son and have to handle him quite extensively. But something has started brewing of late with more frequent intensive headaches - but nothing close to what I had with the MC on the first day - it really was BAD BAD BAD! I was also a coffee junkie and have come down from 9 cups to 2 cups just before I started the MC. Want to kick coffee entirely soon so working hard on that. I am drinking about 8 glasses of the lemonade and 2l water daily.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. Mike

lemonHead

OK, coffee (caffeine) is probably playing quite a role in the headaches, a classic symptom of caffeine withdrawal, but probably not only that. Remember that detox symptoms, painful as they may be, are positive signs and the result of action on the part of your body. 'Medication', all of it, is toxic and often causes as much grief when eliminated as the problems that you were trying to address in the first place! But once the body deals with things itself and you are able to ride it through without further drugging you will find things clearing up for real, not just suppressed symptoms.

As I said before, a headache is a symptom, a result and not a cause. Addressing it is a short-term palliation and not a solution. Finding out the underlying cause and correcting whatever it is, is the only real solution in the long term. Chronic problems inevitably mean chronic causes.

It sounds like you're drinking enough water so I would hazard a guess that the urine colour is just stuff being cleaned out of your kidneys and liver and will rectify once thats over.

All in all it sounds like a detox is something you really need. Hang in there through the "gets worse before it gets better" part and rest and sleep as much as possible!

Good luck and take it easy.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. Lynnie

Senior

Thanks Mike, appreciated :)

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. Lynnie

Senior

Still going strong and getting easier and easier for me now. Feel great, starting to feel that my clothing is getting looser but that's not why I wanted to do the MC yet delighted with those results too off course. Feeling radiant, happy and alive :) Headaches gone, sore and aching body and joints GONE!!!!!! Seems like I will only have enough syrup for today still though. Will have to see what my budget is like to see if I can continue. Is this only available in 946ml quantity or where can I source a bottle hald the size?????

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. Lynnie

Senior

Thanks - got the syrup from Mike today !

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. Wow Lynnie, I can almost feel you 'radiating" all sorts of good vibes through my screen :)

It's really good to hear you're bubbly and feeling 'radiant'. That's a major step-up from not too long ago!

Seems to me like you're through the tough stuff and are just beginning to reap the rewards. Well done for staying the distance :) Aren't you glad you did!

I know so many people that could benefit from the master cleanse but who are too skeptical, worried or uninformed to do it, and those who simply quit after the first sign of discomfort. If they only knew ;)

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I'm confident that many in the future will benefit from your experience. Spread the love, or as I always say "Sharing is caring" :)

Kudos! Give yourself a pat on the back & don't become a stranger :)

Best regards,
    Pat

The Master Cleanse - "Cleansing the world one cell at a time"
    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. Lynnie

Senior

Yes, so many people tend to run away from problems and give up on so many things easily. It really takes determination and courage to set your mind to doing certain things in life and sticking to it and delivering. Discipline is just not discipline any more and so difficult to adhere to. I have this methodology that if a diet, or lifestyle, or anything for that matter, does not say that you can eat/do x, y, z - then why are you doing it? And, you can fool so many people, but bottom line is you cannot fool yourself hey :) So every time I want to cheat, I go back to he piece of paper, look what I have in my hand, plate or mouth and say : Come on girl, don't do it because it does not say that you can!!!! The biggest pleasure and accomplishment is starting something, adhering to it and delivering and seeing/living the result! And that takes doing!!! I am proud of myself because the first 3 days were the most difficult and it is so easy to through the towel in, but look at yourself in the mirror and in your heart and ask the question : Why did I want to do this in the first place - surely there was a BIG reason for it. Then talk to yourself and say : I can, I am determined, I will!!!! And boy oh boy, when people start looking at you and saying - my, you're looking trim and radiant - what have you been doing - then effort pain and effort must be worth it. I feel more focussed, lots of energy despite only drinking the lemonade and not eating. And what I really really enjoy - not going out and buying groceries and cooking for 10 days - very little dishes to be washed up - no setting the table, etc. etc. etc. I feel on top of the world and everyone can see it - yippppeeeeeee !!!

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. Lynnie

Senior

Ok. Mission accomplished. I ended the MC on Sunday eve. I enjoyed the MC and more importantly, am enjoying all the results and benefits. I feel absolutely wonderful.

I would have continued longer, but unfortunately almost three quarter of maple syrup got emptied out into my bike bag on Monday morning when I was travelling to work. The lid may have been faulty because I triple checked that it was closed properly and made sure it was standing upright in my bag - but oi, oi, oi when I got to work I had a flooded bag of maple syrup - over my cellphone, make up bag, shoes, remote and whatever else was in the bag - one huge loss and one mighty job to clean but maybe all these items could benefit from the maple syrup wipe and clean :)

Good luck to all who are thinking about doing the MC - all those currently on the MC too - you will not be sorry!

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.