The SA Master Cleanse Forum » Detox Symptoms and Problems

Headaches - please help!!!

(5 posts)

1. Lynnie

Senior

Hi Everyone. Started my MC yesterday and headaches started last night. Sitting with a severe headache now again since 10h00 and it's really, really bad :( What can I try please. Drinking enough water. Feels like my head wants to split open :(

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Hi Lynnie, I had a similar experience when doing my first cleanse.

Headaches are common in the first few days as detox symptoms can be pretty hectic especially if it's your first time on the cleanse.

The best thing you can do is just rest and relax as much as possible, try to keep your wits about you and keep drinking water. Do whatever you can to get through it. It'll pay off in the end.

Good luck :)

The Master Cleanse - "Cleansing the world one cell at a time"
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Hi Lynnie, do yourself a favour and read about The Herxheimer Reaction during detox, i.e. feeling worse before feeling better.

The Herxheimer Reaction is a short-term (days) detoxification reaction in the body. As the body detoxifies, it is not uncommon to experience flu-like symptoms including headache, joint and muscle pain, body aches, sore throat, general malaise, sweating, chills, nausea or other symptoms.

This is a normal — and even healthy — reaction that indicates that parasites, fungus, viruses, bacteria or other pathogens are being effectively killed off. The biggest problem with the Herxheimer reaction is that people stop taking the supplement or medication that is causing the reaction, and thus discontinue the very treatment that is helping to make them better. Although the experience may not make you feel particularly good, the Herxheimer Reaction is actually a sign that healing is taking place.

You can find the full original post here:
    http://www.mastercleanse.co.za/forum/topic.php?id=40

Hang in there :)

Regards

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Lynnie, welcome to detox! Yes, it can be quite trying sometimes but you need to see it through as best you can. The best thing you can do for yourself is lie down, close your eyes and try to sleep it off, it will pass.

An important thing here is not to resort to the "treat the symptom not the cause" philosophy of 'health' (take pain killers). Pain killers merely dull your nervous system, they do NOT "kill" the pain, it will still be there even though you no longer feel it. The problem with this approach is that it almost always ensures you do the wrong thing because you are no longer receiving the warning from your body.

There will always be a good reason behind the headache whether you know what it is or not, and your body is hard at work sorting it out. The pain is a clear message to stop what you are doing, relax and rest while this takes place. Pain is not a problem, it is your natural "feel" compass to indicate correct vs incorrect behaviour. Correct - pain subsides, incorrect - pain increases.

Headaches early on in the Cleanse are very common, the reason why we suggest always that you start on a Friday night - it gives you a full two days to get over things like this without the added stress of being at work!

Take care and take it easy.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Lynnie

Senior

Thank you LemonHead and Mike. This is my first cleanse and was almost the last because the headaches were so severe - but your quick revert pulled me from giving up. Wish you did not reply so soon maybe :) :) :) ....... But thanks for your information and support. And trust me, I have all the symptoms you mention here so really not easy, but hope that all the gogga's die soon. Rest unfortunateley never works for me because there is just so much to be done but thank heavens for rest at night. I will hang in and be strong, thanks again to all

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.