The SA Master Cleanse Forum » My Master Cleanse Experience

Food Vacation as per my daughter

(9 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Miss Tenacious
  • Latest reply from Sulu

1. Miss Tenacious

Junior

Im already on my 4th day, will briefly take you through the past 3 days though

Objectives- Clean my digestive system, detox all the years of medication, improve my energy and loose a couple of KGs in the process

Day one (27 April)- Went smoothly had my sister as a buddy was away from my kids so there was no cooking, mabe thought about food a little. Everything went as per the book, SWF went smoothly I was suprised of the amouth of junk I had in my trunk

Day2- A bit difficult, thought about food a lot even dreamt I was eating cheese curls :lol: it was a bit of a struggle, but made it.

Day 3- Very difficuly 8O wishing for food, BUT not hungry and with my skin glowing as it is and already feeling as light as I do I am convinced it can only get better. Had a bit of lower back pain today.

Day4- Back pain is gone my skin looks amazing i feel amazing and I got on a scale today to my pleasent surprise it's out of batteries and I will NOT buy them. Got a little hungryy after lunch and drank some water....

my energy levels are rising, played netball with my daughter which I havent done in a while, I have not smoked since I started and I feel amazing, no cravings none what so ever.... Strongly considering going 40days

Day 4

How people treat you, is their Karma, how you react is yours!
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Miss Tenacious

Junior

Day 5- I had bad cramps in the morning after the SWF, wonder if that's normal, only lasted about a minute or so. I was feeling so normal today I even forgot my 4pm glass of lemonade. Can't believe I made it so far. I'm proud of myself I must say :-)

Time for my Laxative Tea

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Miss Tenacious

Junior

Day 10- Phew, made it to ten days, I feel amazing, the cravings have stopped I went home for the weekend and surprisingly I was not bothered by all the lekkers that were on offer I stuck to my cleanse and I'm super proud. I went to my aerobics class today for the first time since I started the cleanse. I wasn't sure if I was gonna make the whole hour but guess what, I did hurrrraaaay! And it was such a relief to not run out of breath, since I'm like a non-smoker now no smoke in 2 weeks and no craving... Oh and my weight is no longer on the 90s it's come down to the 80s and I still have 20 more days to go :-) . One thing is bothering me tough, I cant seem to make it through my the whole 1.5litres now, is this a bad thing?

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. Miss Tenacious

Junior

Today is day 16, I am super proud, I feel so healthy, a lot of aches and pains i used to feel before have somehow vanished and I am going to gym regularly. Today is Mothers day and it was so sweet of my 10yr old daughter to wake up and squeeze some lemons for me and also boild some water for my SWF :-) even though her wish was to make me breakfast. I am not even gonna start with the weight OMG #claps twice, fold arms and looks away# if only there was an option to upload photos here!

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Miss Tenacious

Junior

The previous week has been the most challanging and emotionally taxing as I lost my mother and in my nature usually such circumstances will cause me to not eat at all or binge, it was hard to stay on the programme, but somehow I managed and it helped to keep my energy levels. A week later I am on day 24 and emotionally I am not well but I'm still going strong. Especially knowing that my mom was excited about the cleanse and even wanting to do it herself, she's probably proud. Still havent weighed myself as weight is the least of my concerns as I can see my clothes getting loose.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Miss Tenacious. I'm sorry to hear that - my sincere condolences for your loss. You're doing amazingly well staying on your Cleanse, especially under these circumstances. I hope you are well and continue towards your goal. This Cleanse is a first and very positive step towards making the changes you want in your life and food habits. Hang in there and good luck! My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. Miss Tenacious

Junior

Well 32 days later I'm now easing out of the cleanse, started day 31 to drink the orange juice and I must say, Orange has never tasted better like EVER! I'm giving myself 10 days to ease out. I'd appreciate advise on how to ease out if you didnt do the normal 10 days, I saw the equation on the book and it gave me about 8 days so how do I determine when to start the soup. I'm in no rush to go back to solids so I might take like 2 weeks on juice and soup if that's advisable. By the way, I can officially say I quit smoking, I feel so much better look so amazing and have everyone worried that there's something wrong with me.... Thanks Lemonhead for the contiunued support!

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. Mike

lemonHead

Congratulations, Miss Tenacious - that is awesome!

Take it slow and easy now, you are right not to rush: there's no hurry at all. You are pretty aware of how little food you need to feel great and energetic so let that be your guide. Apart from the soup feel free to indulge in whole fresh fruits and crunchy/juicy salads full of fresh food and leafy greens (the darker the better and organic ingredients where possible). Whole, raw foods are a notch up from soup (although it *is* winter;) and it's really pretty difficult to eat too much of them.

Avoid factory-made and processed foods, foods and drinks rich in sugar, flour-based and starchy foods, salty snacks, "fast" foods and also dairy as long as you can. If you do eat them, moderate your portion sizes and eat slowly - give your body time to give you the feedback. If you find yourself somewhere without any good choices, simply abstain. Skipping a meal is no big deal at all as you now know, and another good standby is to carry fruit around in your bag to snack on.

Resist adding spices, sauces and dressings - relish your newly cleansed senses and use this time to re-acquaint yourself with the awesome and subtle flavours of real food. As you try new (or even old) meals again notice the effect they have on how you feel 15-20 minutes afterwards - do they make you feel full? Tired? Fresh? etc. You are well connected with your body now, listen to it carefully, or rather, FEEL IT....

In the words of Michael Pollan: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. Sulu

Senior

Deep condolences for your loss.
    So proud of you for not giving up on life, and on you.
    An inspiration

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.