The SA Master Cleanse Forum » General Master Cleanse Chatter

Questions for a long cleanse

(5 posts)

1. iana

Junior

Hi there,

I'm on day 8 today but want to do a long cleanse. Originally my aim was 30-40 days but now I'm thinking about even longer. 2-3 months (one guy did about a year) - it's hard to say at this stage. I'll try to listen to my body (tongue coating, general feelings etc.) as to when I can stop. One thing that concerns me is that I read online that you loose muscle mass. I can live with general muscle loss as I'm sure I can regain that BUT I also read that you can actually shrink the heart and other *important* organs due to muscle atrophy (applicable to long cleanses) :!: :? : Btw, I'm 30 years old, in good health generally. I went to gym on day 7 and didn't seem to loose any strength (weights). Today (day 8) I went for about a 12km run/walk and nothing wrong there. At work I also seem fine, just when I smell/see food I get a bit upset lol!! I'm really hopinh my food cravings subside a little bit...

Other questions/notes:
    .I'm very tired, not during the day, but I seem to need about an extra two or so hours of sleep (I'm hoping that this will pass as detoxing and scoring a bit of time every day are some of my goals - I'm hoping that I'll need less sleep (digestion takes up energy) so can score another hour or three everyday). I'm guessing maybe that my body is tired due to detoxification...
    .I quite enjoy cayenne pepper so I add maybe double/triple than what is recommended. I believe this will be positive but maybe this isn't a good idea?

Regarding the SWF - it's becoming a LOT easier and I'm almost looking forward to it now (I threw some of it up the 1st day)

Thanks!

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. iana

Junior

My main goals at the end are:
    .killing or reducing the cravings for bad food (sugar, bad carbs, OVER-EATING! - big portions and eating more RAW post cleanse. Re-newing my tastebuds etc. Once of the reasons I want to do a long cleanse
    .detox and cleaning out of the digestive system
    .weightloss (not too important as if the above point works I'll achieve my goals by eating much healthier post MC)

Today is day 9 and no cheating except for probably having too much maple syrup at times (sugar fix is my vice since I can't touch food)

I'm sadly still cravings food :-(
    I did the MC about four years ago for twelve days and it seemed easier then sigh

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Mike

lemonHead

oh boy, sugar. #1 Drug on planet Earth. Sneaking in as "food". Master Cleanse isn't going to cut that chain but it can put you in a far better space from which to face the final challenge - cold turkey. Chances are that will bring another round of 'detox' as you feel the sneaky and devious power of those cravings.

In dealing with all drug habits it seems that temperance never works and abstinence is always the solution. Fortunately, while your body cleanses, so does your mind. And that can change your perspective big time :) Don't worry about how many days, you will feel when it's time to move on and start dealing with real world food again (but with a new level of consciousness). It will get clearer.

Take it easy, keep steady and zone in. Fret not about the what's and whys of what's happening. Leave that stuff for TV and magazines. Turn it off and tune in to yourself for a while and do as you are commanded (by how you feel)...your body was built to grow and sustain life. It is constantly renewing, repairing and improving itself, whether you're aware of it or not. Give it some regular sun exposure, and fresh air - walk or hike outside rather than gym inside. Feel. Sit back, relax, and watch yourself go...

Njoi

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. Mike

lemonHead

Getting to the bottom of what it is about things you crave is a real education. Letting go of them is a whole 'nother ball game!

Play ball

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Mike

lemonHead

Oh yeah. Take it easy on the cayenne pepper. Apart from the fact that it's another one of those pesky drugfoods, irritating your inner lining beyond the recommended amount is not recommended for now. If its something you like, chances are your body has formed one or more callouses in the affected areas, but still, stick to the recipe - its all you've got ;)

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.