The SA Master Cleanse Forum » Healthy Eating

WHERE to find healthly food

(3 posts)

1. iana

Junior

I've come to realise that reading all the healthy food books means very little practically speaking if you can't get healthy food into your house!! I'm sure it's fine in Amercia etc. but SA is still maybe 5-10 years behind. I'm confident the situation will improve but in the meantime what are our *OPTIONS* as health conscious consumers? If there were more Kauai fastfood places than McDonalds, KFC, etc. etc. I know I'd eat a lot healthier. And more FreshEarth stores than Checkers, Pick n Pay etc.

I'd like to compile some kind of list here as I doubt I'm the only one with the problem. For me I only really care about the Johannesburg area (especially West Rand which is lacking in brick and mortar stores compared to Norther Johannesburg) but I'm sure it's a good idea to include all store in South Africa...

One option is to grow your own produce. Vegetable gardening etc. But that isn't an option for all of us obviously...

Sorry if I'm ranting here but it's really difficult to eat well if you're always sourounded by unhealthy options. I need more healthy food options in my life but I understand that since most people (the masses) don't make healthly choices, the market (money) isn't in healthy food but in junk food.

Personally I'm not vegeterian etc. (yet) but want to include more plant foods (as opposed to animal flesh, sugar, diary, empty carbs etc.) in my diet.

List:
    .Kauai - kauai.co.za (healthy fast food. not enough restaurants though)
    .Woolworths - woolworths.co.za
    .Freshearth - freshearth.co.za (they have an excellent restaurant which caters for vegan, vegeterain, raw diets etc
    .Nando's (not the healthiest but chicken salad maybe?)
    .Fruits and Roots - fruitsandroots.co.za (don't have any experience with)

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Mike

lemonHead

Leafy Greens is another such restaurant. Don't have he details but google it. Otherwise as per your other post - Bryannston Organic market. There is a black lady selling veg there called Lucy. She sells at other places too so ask her - they might be nearer you. Fruit is always a good fast food option in a hurry. If you can't get organic just get the best you can.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. iana

Junior

thank u

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.