The SA Master Cleanse Forum » My Master Cleanse Experience

Day 2 problems - First time cleanser

(5 posts)

1. Eldre

I'm cleansing for the first time and today is my Day 2. I read the books and tried my best to make sure I was fully prepared for the next 10 days.

Yesterday was no problem at all! The SWF went down okay, but didn't do what the books suggested. It came straight out after a few minutes but was just a different colour. I thought maybe Day 2 would have better results. I drank the Laxa tea the night before as well but that seemed to have little effect. I let it steep for 10 minutes as suggested.
    I didn't feel hungry at all yesterday, just struggled to keep a balance between drinking lots of water and the lemonaid. As I'm on the road all day finding a loo is not always easy.
    Last night I had the Laxa tea again and let it steep for 15 minutes this time.
    At the end of the day I thought this detox was not going to be that bad.

Day 2, this morning, I woke up at 4am and prepared the SWF. Just getting down 500ml's was hard! After a few seconds I had to run to the bathroom. I threw up everything, despite trying very hard to keep it down. I am so disappointed. Anyway, I was determined to try again, and waited a few minutes first. The second lot also came straight back out again, despite drinking it slower and licking a lemon slice between sips as the book suggests. I tried my best to keep it down, but again, everything came straight back out. I started feeling very nauseas and subsequently demotivated.

I was tired, and my body hurt from the convulsions. I opted to then drink the tea instead, letting it steep for 15 minutes. After the tea I went back to bed and ended up having food nightmares! I want to get to that happy place during the cleanse when you're all motivated and excited again. I have lost weight over these passed few days, but am still so demotivated.

I don't know what to do to keep the SWF down :(
    Although I am determined to finish this and do it right starting your very early morning off with all these issues is very demotivating.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Max

Junior

Hi Eldre, I found if I took my glass of salt water and went outside and walked around while I completed it, that helped, once glass finished, went back and refilled, think my glass meant two refills, so on last one was a milestone and then it was done. was pleasantly distracted by the garden and the birds at that lekker time of the morning.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Mike

lemonHead

Hello Eldre. Yup, the SWF can be challenging but its part of the regimen. Having the tea in the morning is not a great idea if you're on the road. I guess often in life we face some sort of hurdle to jump or wall to break through and when we do we see that it was more than worth it. I also find that often its the 'mind over matter' thing that plays quite a significant role. Anticipating something awful vs imagining something refreshing and cleansing. One good thing to bear in mind: it seems you sailed through it the first time...

The worst time is always the first few days. Get over them as best you can and you will soon settle into it.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. Eldre

I couldn't bring myself to trying the SWF again yesterday so I had the tea instead. Since this morning was a Saturday I thought I would give it another go and I could sleep in :)

I brushed my teeth first and gargled with a minty mouth wash, this helped loads. Managed to get everything down this time. I played with my kittens as well while drinking to help take my mind off it.

Day 4 and still going strong. I'm sure tomorrow will be much better.

Thanks for the tips guys, it helped me stay motivated.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Vivi

Senior

Hi Eldre, I started mine today. Was wondering how was the rest of your experience? did you manage to finish the 10 days? How are you feeling in general? SWF is a challenge. I used a straw and that seemed to help. I only managed 800mls today. Will try harder tomorrow.

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.