The SA Master Cleanse Forum » How to Use This Forum

14 Oct 12, Anyone on it now?

(16 posts)

1. Sulu

Senior

Hi. I am on this cleanse and starting day 8. I'd like a partner to go through this with. It's kinda lonely on your own. Anyone on it today? :roll: :roll:

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Max

Junior

Hi Sulu, yes I am also on day 8.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Sulu

Senior

Yay!!!!! Great! I'm easing up on the salt water. I really can't stand it. Now I'm doing it once every two days.

Day 9, 5.5kgs down

Going for 14days

Planning to reach 73kgs

How many days are you aiming for?

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Max

Junior

Good day Sulu, Been sticking with the salt water. Have had a tooth out during cleanse, so do not think allot of sugar in my mouth, currently, is a good thing, probably just do the ten days. Is this your first time?

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. mmmk

Junior

Hey Guys;

I did this last year November and it really worked for me. I want to start tomorow.
    Thank God I am not alone; Please post how is your journey to give us courage.

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. Sulu

Senior

Hey Max. This is not my first time but last time I got a terrible case of tonsillitis so I stopped and went to the Dr. Has your health improved or have you dropped some weight?

Mmmk happy day 1!! The days really do go quickly. And you know how well it works so good luck!

Me, day 10, 77.kgs this morning...

I struggled yesterday. I was really tempted to eat and felt hungry which is strange since I haven't really been getting hungry. I also find that I am not interested in drinking any water which I know I should do... I just feel as if all the water I drink in the mixture PLUS the salt water should all be enough but alas! Okay. I've convinced myself. 2 liters of water here I come!

ALUTA!

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Sulu

Senior

Mmmk how much did you lose last year? Also did you gain it back afterwards? How long are you planning on doing it this time around?

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. mmmk

Junior

I did it for 14 days and lost 12kg; I was so excited. I gained all the weight back bcos I went back to my junkie life. I weight 100Kg; I really want to go down to 70Kg; want a quick fix.

Now; I want to do 20 days. I will keep you informed of my journey. I have prepared the mixture and just ready to change my life; looks; mind reset.

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. Max

Junior

Hi, I have had a tough day yesterday, did not drink my swf early enough in terms of when I had my tea, so hardly expelled any of the swf, think that is important. so felt like I had all this salt water inside of me. Then I was feeling quite down and unmotivated, so did lots of sleeping. Then did not get it together to do my tea last night, so no swf this morning, so do I still have all that salt water from day before inside me?

Back on my feet, probably end my cleanse today, and do a final swf tomorrow, to make up for today.

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. Mike

lemonHead

Max: the tea does not cause the salt water flush to work. It will enhance its effectiveness by loosening the bowel contents but the one does not depend on the other. You are probably not drinking enough fluids - lemonade and water. If you do not have enough fluids your body will, logically, retain fluids. Not doing the salt water flush increases the likelihood of reabsorption of waste and toxins and from the colon. Feeling 'down' is part of getting well, its your body telling you to rest. It is an integral part of how we heal and it passes soon enough.

mmmk: as you are aware, your weight will simply return to previous levels if you resume previous eating habits, sometimes very quickly and sometimes even higher. The Master Cleanse is best used as a gateway to a change in habits, the longer the cleanse the greater the gap between old habits and your current self. Altering your habits and attitudes regarding food and eating is the only way to lasting change in that regard. And that is a lifetime journey so it needs to be sustainable for you, not something casually or hurriedly done. There are no 'quick fixes'. Your health is entirely your responsibility and entirely under your control. Proper care and feeding of your body will deliver the results you desire automatically.

Sulu: fluids are an essential part of the Cleanse. Do not skimp on them! Also, do not confuse detox symptoms with being "sick". "Sick" is simply a misguided term we use to describe the natural way the body heals itself. If you are feeling 'off' do as your body is demanding - rest and relax, it will pass. Healing is in progress and cannot take place properly if you are acting independently of,or in conflict with how you are feeling. Your body will always guide you and that guide is how you feel.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 7 years ago #
  11. Sulu

Senior

76.5kgs!!!

Lost 6kgs in 10 days.

Still going strong to reach 14 days.

Mmmk I'd love to join you for 20 days but I'm starting a hectic workout on Monday called Bootcamp and I don't wanna faint while I'm at it! I'm going to do it for two months so that I maintain the weight loss. I am really aiming to be in the 60's to be honest so when I come off this I will make sure the fruit and veg are not 'fries and tons of salted nuts' - I can do that!!!
    I know what you mean about gaining the weight back - it just feels so good to be slimmer and it feels good not to have this major thing you don't like in your life called weight so you just want to enjoy life - which includes wine, braais and food! It's soooo easy!
    How was day 1?

Max good luck ending the cleanse. Freshly squeeszed orange juice is sooo delicious. I can't wait. I also saw a green juice from Dr Oz that I want to try after my cleanse. It's juiced spinach and apples and green stuff.. It looks good and I think I can probably maintain my weight with healthy stuff like that afterwards. Let us know if you find awesome recipes for raw fruit and veg. This life change is going to be a serious learning curve!!!

ALUTA!!

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. mmmk

Junior

Thank you Mike; you're motivation is really appreciated.

I am on day 5; still going strong..Actually; I have decided to go for 40 days.YES 40; why not?? I want visible results so that I can start 2013 with a BANG..Looking great; slimmer; new jean sizes and glowing skin. With all those benefits;I can wAait to enjoy my life and be confident again.

I still have jeans that i so like nd I'm jealous to give them away. I want to fit in those Jeans AGAIN and SOON..

One more Question; Can I chew a sugar-free gum??
    SWF is horrible; Can I sustitute it with Digestive Tea(Freshpak- Senna)??

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. Mike

lemonHead

No Gum at all. Your digestive system begins its work by producing enzymes when you are chewing.

The SWF works very differently to the tea and should not be substituted. You can switch to an extra tea in the morning now and again but don't make a habit of it. The tea causes peristalsis (squeezing motions) in the digestive tract which is helpful in loosening matter from the intestines but because you are not consuming solid food there is no bulk to move stuff along and out. This is what the SWF is doing instead, exactly as it says: flushing. If you just drink the tea the contents of the digestive tract will remain inside and increase chances of reabsorption. The tea also causes cramping which can be uncomfortable, and if taken instead will give you the 'runs' all throughout the morning, unlike the SWF which is over when its over.

Stick to the programme - it works. The issues are all in your head :)

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. Sulu

Senior

Mmmk how are you holding up?

I came off it last week after 14 days and I'm still scared to eat and gain weight back.... But I'm on sure slim now being VERY careful about everything. I decided to do it for many reasons but mainly for permanent good eating habits.

I must say I am really tempted to join you but I'm working out at Bootcamp and I don't want to lack energy.

Looking forward to seeing how you are doing. Good luck.

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. Helen

Day 4 for me today and I am really battling with hunger cravings and lack of energy. I really want to hold out for 10 days but it's so hard :(

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. karen_c

Senior

Hi Helen - hang in there girl! The first few days can be quite trying but it will get better, I promise you. Detoxing can be trying and thats pretty much whats happening at the moment.Your body is hard at work, just keep sipping the lemonade whenever your mind turns to food.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.