The SA Master Cleanse Forum » Healthy Eating

What to eat post 10 days

(3 posts)

1. Beach Babe

I would like people to help me with recipes for vegetarians as that is the route I am taking post the cleansing.

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Beach Babe. I suggest you plug that request into google and follow the trails. There are tons of vegetarian sites and forums out there and almost every recipe website will have vegetarian recipes. One idea for sure is - use beans instead of meat :) Check out the raw food websites too. You don't have to be dogmatic about it but making a good portion of your food raw is a very good idea!

Another good thing is to visit a couple of vegetarian restaurants for ideas and inspiration. If you're in Jo'burg places like Fruits and Roots and Fresh Earth Store are great examples.

Also, remember that just because a meal is "vegetarian" doesn't necessarily mean its healthy! Things like fried foods, breads, pastas etc should be avoided. I am personally suspicious of soy products (which seem to make up a god portion of "meat replacement" foods) due to their high level of genetic modification - supposedly so that they can be sprayed heavily with weed control poisons without "damaging" the plant!

Good luck, have fun, experiment and post all the good ones here when you find them!

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Yvie

Senior

Hi Mike,
    I do not have your book that comes so highly recommended but I do have a snippet of the survivor's guide which I downloaded on the net. I started my detox today and so far I'm okay - the taste is something acquired and I hope to do just that in due course. I think this is probably the best thing I've ever done for my body and I hope to report the good stuff soon.

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.