The SA Master Cleanse Forum » My Master Cleanse Experience

Joy-Full Journey

(24 posts)

1. Joy

Senior

Hello. I bought the MC pack on Sat and started my journey on Mon, so this is my day two!!! The journey is going well so far, with some mind games now and again about food. I am planning to be on this journey for 40 days. I read the two books by Stanley & Mike over the weekend. I am so grateful for the information inside the two books because it prepared me psychologically before I embarked on this journey. My primary motivation for being on the MC is to lose weight(I am currently weighing 70kg & would like to go back to 55kg which is my BMI weight). When I was reading the two books, I realized that there are more benefits that one can get from the MC other than losing weight. I am 36 years young and was diagnosed with Endometriosis in the past. I did 3 laparascopy operations & tried 2 IVF unsuccessful attempts in the past. My hubby & I are playing(trying) to conceive naturally and I just want to find out what the chances are of MC helping me to heal inside so that I will be able to fall pregnant? Thx.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Joy. Not sure about all the details there for I am no doctor. This I believe though: all healing is accomplished by the body. No substance from outside of it can do this. Even interventions like medical operations must be healed by the body, now in an even more damaged state. One of the best things you can often do in cases of dis-ease or physical distress is to just do nothing, take a break and leave your body alone to do what it does best. With awe-inspiring power and wisdom. It's the one force you can really trust to look after its own best interests. It does it all the time. Every millisecond of every day. And those are your best interests too.

It also needs time. Nature rarely rushes things.

The the essence of the Master Cleanse is simple: a little rinse and wash to flush the pipes and leave your body alone to do whatever needs doing without the burden of dealing with the constant input and processing of solid foodstuff. It is not what will heal you.

The magical healing engine is in you and always has been. It's your body. Look after it well, feed it properly, keep it clean, and give it time to heal and recover and you will be amazed :)

There's a little quote by 'Doc' Paskowitz on this page that sums up our responsibilities very well.

The journey is the reward...

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Joy

Senior

Good morning!!! It is day three and I have been preparing myself mentally from what Mike said in his book about the challenges of this day. Thank you so much Mike for the reply, I am just going to let my body be one day at a time during this detox and I have faith that healing and restoration will happen.
    I totally agree with you when you said the magical engine is in me and has always been, funny how we forget this at times and as a result put our bodies under unnecessary pressure. I think the magical healing is also holistic and happens effortlessly. I am now re-learning how to trust my body to do whatever that needs doing. I am just going to be during this journey and trust that all will be well. I also made a conscious choice not to put my body under pressure to lose weight but rather give it some love and enjoy this journey. SWF has just kicked in and I need to rush to the loo. Later...

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Joy

Senior

My day three was okay even though I have started experiencing some headache two hours ago. I know it's my body getting rid of the toxins. For the first time in my life, I am actually excited about all these feelings including the headaches because I know it is for my body's benefit. I am having my 6th glass(I only take 6 a day) of the lemonade now and will drink some laxa tea before going to bed. Looking forward to day four xxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Joy

Senior

Here we go day four!!! I must say I feel so much better than yesterday and the headache is gone. My sleep was just disrupted in the early hours of the morning because I had to go to the loo four times and my stomach was painful. I have decided not to weigh myself on the scale until day 10 but this morning I felt like wearing one of my skirts that couldn't fit me properly and to my suprise it is fitting, a size 32!!!
    I can already see a difference on my ATM's(African Trade Marks = Thighs, Hips, Pot belly & Bum). Wow! What a great motivation!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. karen_c

Senior

Keep going Joy, if you love it now, you're going to be over the moon by day 10 :) :)

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Joy

Senior

Hello Karen! Thank you for the encouragement, I appreciate. Where are you now on your journey with MC Karen? I would love to hear the post MC success stories, especially the transition from MC(which is heaven) to the real world of eating. I can already feel a huge difference in my system and I know I am going to be over the moon by day 10. I made a conscious choice not to weigh myself until day 10 because the scale can be demotivating at times, actually I prefer trying some of the clothes that couldn't fit before. I chose to trust my body and know that it will take care of itself as long as I do the right thing. My skin looked good before I started the detox and I have noticed that it is looking even more beautiful each day. I hope that I will have the will power and strength to carry on until day 40, but at the meantime I will take one day at a time and enjoy the journey. xoxo

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. karen_c

Senior

Hi Joy. Well - the subject of food could fill pages! In essence (as Mike said it would) the main thing the Cleanse did for my eating habits was to make me more conscious about what I'm eating, when and how much. I have changed a lot of things - no 'white' stuff like rice, bread, sugar (not just white) etc, I don't drink milk or eat cheese anymore. I still drink coffee though. I eat a lot more salads and have a juicer and a blender - I love 'green smoothies' (lots and lots of green leafy stuff mixed with bananas or fruit to sweeten a bit - google them on the Internet for ideas but keep it simple). I go "liquid" one day a week, usually Monday - a little break goes a long way to keeping the bowels unclogged - my BIGGEST lesson from the Master Cleanse!! Sometimes I just make some of the lemonade instead (I keep a stash of the dark maple syrup nectar in my fridge - love those plastic "jugs":)

In general I'm not perfect but this is an ongoing thing and I keep improving month by month. Its hard to change habits but you just have to stick to your guns and they change by themselves. Then I do a 10 or 14 day MC three times a year (especially after Christmas!) and I'm always amazed at the change it brings in me. I suppose thats many years of junk in there slowly getting cleaned every time.

My advice, go slowly, read a lot about raw food, make really good (and varied - not just garnish type) salads and be aware of your eating choices. Food is so tied up in our lives its hard to change sometimes without friends and family thinking you're a 'problem'. Stick to it though and find choices that are sustainable for you. If you slip, keep going. Its about your whole life, remember - not just a week or two. The MC also teaches you how little you need to feel great, remember that - skipping a meal when the choices are all bad is very easy. Most people think they'll fall over in a coma if they do!

And Cleanse well, Cleanse often!

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Joy

Senior

Hi Karen.
    Wow! Thank you so much for all the info you shared with me about your MC journey and lifestyle. I must say, I am so inspired by your lifestyle. I agree with you, it's all about awareness and being conscious of what goes into our mouths; and of course the portion matters as well. I have been doing a lot of research on the net about green smoothies and I want to invest in getting a good juicer and blender (my blender just stopped working about a month ago).

I had battlefield of the mind last night. I cooked spaghetti bolognaise for my hubby and I was so tempted to eat but my will power helped me as I kept on thinking about the reason why I am on MC. My dear hubby is so supportive and he suggested that he will buy himself some healthy takeaways on days when I don't feel like cooking. My initial primary reason being on MC was to lose weight but that is now coupled with other reasons like to cleanse my system, transform my mindset and relationship with food. It takes 21 days to change habits but its an on going process, and I really want to adopt a new way of living.

My day five was good. I felt a bit weak when I woke up but felt energized after taking my SWF. I already feel light and I will take it slowly one day at a time as you said. I also wanted to detox for 40 days but I think I will cut it short to 14 days because my hubby's birthday is just around the corner and we are planning to go away that weekend. So 14 days will give me enough time to follow guidelines that I need to implement post MC.

I am so motivated and inspired by what you shared with me. I am looking forward to the transition from MC to eating again because I feel I am getting equiped with the knowledge of how to sustain a healthy lifestyle.

You are a blessing. Have a fabulous weekend.

xoxo

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Joy

Senior

Wow! My day six is going well so far. I feel lighter, my sense of smell and vision is clearer than before. I went to the Food Lovers Market in Fourways to buy some lemons and I am so impressed with myself because I managed to pass all the yummy things smelling good (even the sushi bar which is my weakness, I love sashimi)without getting tempted. I feel stronger now and I think that constantly reminding myself why am I doing this keeps me disciplined. This morning I decided to wear my old pair of jeans and they are fitting but still a little bit tight. I know that by next week Sat they will be fitting me perfectly.

Mike, I just want to thank you for your book because I find myself reading the book daily and it is so helpful. Everytime when I experience the battlefield of the mind, I turn to your book and then I get back on track. Your book is truly a blessing.

xoxo

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Joy

Senior

Hello good people. When I started this journey on Mon, 10 days looked like 10 months without food and time went by so quickly. I can't believe I am on day 7 and I am not starving at all. I am only experiencing mind games with food now and then. Mike's book prepared me for this "challenging day" and I am doing well so far. My skin is glowing and my mind is clearer than before. I am looking forward to my last week on MC. xoxo

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Joy

Senior

Hi Mike. I have decided to end my detox on day 10 (Wedn) and I have bought Probiotics from the pharmacy. I did read your book about them but I just want to know how many should I take daily? Should I take three once a day or just one and for how long? I bought a supply of 90 pills.

Initially I thought I was going to do 40 days but I think 10 days is enough for me. I will go on another detox after 8 weeks for 10 days again.
    My day 8 is going well and I realized that I no longer crave for food like I used to when I started the detox. I prepared delicious food for my hubby over the weekend without cravings. I am more committed to make this a lifestyle and I have decided that I am going to prepare green smoothies daily, eat a lot of raw veggies, fruit and nuts. I have also decided to reduce milk, cheese, red meat and white stuff from my diet. I am planning to have green smoothies,soup,veggies, fruits and nuts every Mon-Sat then have one free day (Sunday) when I can eat anything I feel like eating. I will also have liquids only every Wednesday.

I know that I have lost few kilos because some of the clothes that couldn't fit me are fitting now. I have a lot of size 30-32 clothes in my closet that I haven't worn in a year's time and I know that I will fit into them in about 3 months. I just want to be patient because it took me about a year to gain weight, so I can't expect to lose all of it in 10 days but I know that I will eventually lose all the excess weight in time as long as I committ to my new lifestyle.

Looking forward to day 9...

xoxo

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Mike

lemonHead

Joy, take up to three a day (I used to just take one) and always at the end of your meal (ie on a full stomach). Taking them for a month should be more than enough.

Hope you enjoy the last few days of your Cleanse, and good luck with the smoothies etc. I do that every single day and I miss them if I'm far from my blender. Haveing a high powered blender (2HP or more) is essential if you're going to do this a lot - they pulverise everything in a beautiful smooth puree. I love em. As Karen said - use some fruit to take the edge of the greens, but look for real dark leafy greens (spinach, chard, kale) and try to vary them if you can. You can also add sprouts and all left over raw veg you have every day. I just pop em in a tupperware for the next morning, specially stalks and things you might throw away.

Take it easy on the nuts, they are full of oils and are a high calorie food. Give up the whites and the flour and sugar foods where possible, and, as far as you can, leave the dairy, its for baby cows, not people :) One of the most noticeable and positive health changes I felt came from giving up dairy foods.

Remember that changing your eating habits is not a 'diet' - this is for the rest of your life. So go easy on yourself, take it slowly and try to find sustainable eating habits. But don't try to get there all at once or you might give up and slip back into old habits. If you do, start again. Take your time, take it slow and experiment while you're still used to eating nothing but the lemonade. Wait a bit after eating things to see how they make you feel, and try them singly, not all at once or you won't know what caused what. Just keep going - remember this too: you're building trillions of cells every minute - ask yourself, what are they being built from?

Eat consciously, eat for sustenance and growth, not flavour and stimulation. Feeling "full" is a sure sign you're overdoing it.

Take care :)

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Joy

Senior

Thank you Mike for your support, I appreciate a lot. I have been investing a lot of time going through raw food websites and I just realized that I lacked a lot of knowledge about nutrition. I have just made a conscious choice to be off dairy, sugary foods and white stuff, I read a lot of testimonies about people who managed to heal endometriosis by eleminating these food types from their diets.

I am so grateful to MC because it gave me a kickstart to a healthier lifestyle. I do not want to do yo-yo diets anymore, I just want to adopt a consistent healthy lifestyle and I know I am ready for this now.

Just one more question Mike, I can't afford to buy a Blendtec blender now, I saw the price. Which other blender can you recommend for a budget of R1000?

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. sinazo

Senior

Congratulations Joy!!!!!The real challenge now is to change your lifestyle. It's not easy but it's something we have to do. I fall off sometimes but not for long cos Mike's book has made me to be equiped with knowledge about food. I wish most people could see MC the way we see it, most of my friends have given up and can't take it but the benefits far exceed the pains they feel now. Thanks for being a motivation...

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. Queen D

Junior

Hello Joy.I just wanted to congratulate you on your achievement. I wish you everything of the best for the future. Thank you for being so supportive and encouraging. Everything of the best with your future journey. Take care and good luck.

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Mike

lemonHead

Joy - I totally understand. The things have more than doubled in price since I bought mine (dont know why) and even then it was expensive at around 3K . The lowest priced one with reasonable power available locally is the Bar-Tec 2HP blender - google that for local sites that sell it. I haven't tried it myself but it seems like it will do the trick. Its about 3 times your budget though :( but maybe worthwhile pegging for the future if you get serious about this. The good thing about these power blenders is that they will last and they work amazingly well and they are well worth saving for.

In the meantime you might just want to go for one of the regular smaller ones that sell around R400. Chances are you will eventually burn it out at some stage but you can buy up to three with that budget! You will find they do not puree things as finely so the smoothies tend to be a little fibrous -but really that's just a mouth-feel issue rather than a nutrition problem :) You also want to take care not to blend too long because the heat will affect the contents. You will immediately see the difference between the cheaper ones and the high power ones - the blades are sharp on the cheaper ones and blunt on the high power ones because they have the power to pulverise rather than the need to slice and chop.

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Joy

Senior

Thank you Sinazo and Queen D. I wish you all the best too with your MC journey. Sinazo, you are an inspiration because you are doing this for the second time and Queen D I hope that you are already enjoying the benefits of MC.

Mike, words cannot even express how grateful I am for your book, this forum and support you give to all of us. Thank you, thank you and thank you. I googled the Bar-Tec 2HP and it is cheaper than the Blendtec and vita mix. I will buy a cheaper blender at the moment and then save to buy the Bar-Tec 2HP in three months. Talk about burning the blender out, I have one in the kitchen that got burned out about a month ago.

I never knew how important it is to invest in a good quality one until now. I love this learning process!

I am enjoying the transition from MC to eating. I don't feel hungry at all and I only took freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast and lunch, drinking water in between and taking Probiotics as well. I feel motivated more than ever about my new lifestyle of raw food and being conscious of my relationship with food.

It's a pity most people think that MC is just one of those celebrity yo-yo diets to lose weight and it is not. I used to eat a lot of junk food and I got addicted to it. I know that without being on MC, I wouldn't have managed to control my eating habits like I can now.

Losing weight was my primary reason for being on MC but now my primary reason is to live a holistic healthy lifestyle. I am planning to do this again after 8 weeks. About weight, I went to the gym this morning and I am weighing 62 Kilos now (lost 8 kilos). I am excited about this and I still have 7 more kilos to lose. The most important thing is to sustain this by my new adopted lifestyle because it is so easy to fall back to the old ways and regain the weight lost.

My hubby is so supportive about my new lifestyle and I am so grateful for this because it makes things so much easier.

In the meantime, I just want to be fully present in everything I do and savour this journey because this is major transformation in my life.

xoxo

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Joy

Senior

Hello everyone. It has been a week since my 10 days MC journey. I have never felt this alert and great in my adult life. I bought the Bosch blender and it is doing a good job at the moment. I have been on raw green smoothies and soups since last week Sun. I just find them so yummy and easy to prepare. I have also started jogging outside for an hour everyday and I just feel so much alive. Most people are raving about my skin and how great I look. I have no cravings for any other food except raw food and it feels so good. I am continuing to lose weight and most of my clothes are fitting now. I also realized that I sleep better and appreciate a lot of beautiful things that nature offers out there when I jog in the mornings. Mike, thank you a billion times and I wish everyone the best. Will keep you posted about my new way of being xxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. Mike

lemonHead

Thanks - you're welcome, Joy. I love reading stuff like that and knowing you're spreading the word through example not talk. Good luck, take care and never forget...you did it all yourself by doing pretty much nothing! Now, how liberating and empowering is that... :)

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.