The SA Master Cleanse Forum » Detox Symptoms and Problems

first time user

(34 posts)

1. kocean

hi i have been feeling really tired and constipated i tried the tea last night it was not that bad actually enjoyed it.the sea salt water that was something else, for a person who doesnt eat salt in my food at all i found that very uncomfortable. here is a question though can i replace the salt water with the tea in the morning will i still get the same benefits? kindly note i will only be on this detox for 5 days as this is my first time fasting , its quite a challenge i must add.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. peg2107

Junior

HI Kocean.............I am very interested in your journey of detox. I'm also doing this the first time and just started my first day of "Ease in" phase. Will officially start the lemonade diet on Monday 30 August 2010............All I can say is "hang on there"

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Vanessa P

Hi, I am on day 8 and starting to feel great...... first 6 days were rough, but everytime I felt discouraged I just visualised all those hectic toxins making their way out of my body!!! I've lost 4 kg's and feeling better than I have in 5 years!!!!! so don't give up!!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. ClayR

Senior

Hi Kocean, I think that if you stick to the programme as exactly as possible, you will cruise through it. Are you using all the right ingredients? I'm using Himalayan crystal salt, which actually tastes really cool. Otherwise you can use the recommended salt in the book - I think it’s Khoisan salt? What I did for the first two days was to imagine that the SWF was a savoury soup, and it went down fine. Then on day 3 it wasn’t even an issue.

Also, I’d really suggest you try and do at least 10 days, so that your body and mind will be treated kindly to a super re-conditioning - you won’t regret it. And either way, make sure you don’t revert to your old eating habits. After you stop, rather ease slowly onto fresh produce, raw preferably, you’ll taste so much more if your body has been cleaned out properly. Good luck and hang in there!

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. peg2107

Junior

This morning I started with my first Salt water flush and I must say I felt ill only drinking half a cup of it. I did however had twice bowel movement. Not sure if it was the salt water or the tea of the previous night. I'll have to double check the recommended quantities of salt and water.
    For now if the tea is working for me I will continue until I can use the salt water flush again. I'm determined to continue with the master cleanse and take each day as it comes.......

Can anyone tell me how much water for every 1 teaspoon of salt?

thanks

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. peg2107

Junior

Day 3 - healing events..........woke up feeling tired and weak. Felt like I was coming down with the flu. I was feeling cold and hot at the same time. Managed to drink my salt water, waited awhile and felt a little bit better in order to get up and get ready for work. My nose is still running a bit. I also have a sore in my mouth for the last 2 days.............I suppose I can't expect to go through my cleansing wthout feeling any side effects..................so still determined to continue.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. peg2107

Junior

Day4 - Feeling must better from the day before. Flu symptoms disappeared. I'm still neezing a lot and I have a slight headache. This morning My arm is aching from a previous gym injury, which is another side effect of my gradual healing process. Beside all this I'm feeling well, no hunger cramps, no other bodily pains..................the weather is really warming up, but I'm sticking to dressing still warm becuase my resistence levels must be quite low..............Last night I was dreaming about eating food.............Mmm

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. peg2107

Junior

Day 5 - I thought I was rid of my flu symptoms, but it stayed with me all day of day 4. Still feel the same this morning with slight flu symptoms again and I'll see how I feel throughout the day.........The weekend is coming up, so I'm looking forward by giving my body lots of rests. Still planning to complete 10 days. I'm surprising myself.....

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. peg2107

Junior

Day 7..........Whow!! I made it through the weekend.It was not easy. My husband had to enjoy his Sunday lunch out all by himself. I think my flu symptoms is finally gone. My only side effects so far has been flu like symptomes and compared to other people experiences, I consider myself lucky so far. I'm counting the days...........looking forward to finishing my detox. What's briliant about this detox is that you do not feel hungry at all.

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. peg2107

Junior

Day 9 - I felt the "worse" this morning since I started my master cleanse. I felt well and energised yesterday, so I decided to attend a yoga class. By bedtime I had a running nose that continued throughout the night, I was unable to sleep, becuase the area from my nose down to my throat was burning fiecely with extreme headaches. Since I started my master cleanse, I have been suffering from running nose and neezing. Last night it just got worse and I really felt sick with flu. This morning I took my SWF as usual and allowed myself some time to start feeling better. At work now, feeling a bit better, slight headache and a running nose as usual and still determined to complete my 10th day tomorrow. Hopefully my "good" feeling will returned.

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. Mike

lemonHead

Hi peg2107. It sounds like you are going through some serious detoxing there, but these are common and classic symptoms. Detox symptoms are good and a clear indication that your body has quite a lot of stuff to get rid of, mainly through your mucous system it seems, hence the "colds and flu" symptoms. In fact thats exactly what colds and flu are all about-its got nothing to do with "being sick" and everything to do with "getting well". Often it means everything gets a bit worse before it gets better.

I would suggest you try get as much rest and relaxation as possible during these periods to ride through it all calmly and refrain from any sort of exercise until you are well past it all. If your tenth day is tomorrow and you are still having detox symptoms it is highly recommended that you continue your Cleanse until you are well clear of it all. To stop now will simply leave the job unfinished. Hang in there, once its out its gone forever :)

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 8 years ago #
  12. peg2107

Junior

Hi Mike...............just to end my posting of my first detox experience.
    On Day 10 I was really feeling sick with the Flu and cold symptoms and I called in sick for work and decided to go to the doctor. I was diagnosed with a bacterial infection of my mucous system, so I was booked off sick and the doctor prescribed antibiotics and painkillers.

So............my detox only really lasted for 9 days. I feel a bit disappointed for not finishing my 10 days, but I'm OK now. It has been 2 weeks since my detox. My neezing and running nose lasted 2 weeks after that.

I feel fine now, back at gym again..............................and yes...hopefully I will attempt this some time next year again.

Chow.......

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. Tasha

Hi, I am on Day 8 today and feeling great. I feel very awake, alert and energetic. I didn't experience any bad detox symptoms from day 1 besides a mild lower back pain and mild headaches. I kept rechecking myself to be sure that I am doing everything correctly as i couldn't believe I'd be so lucky. Been doing hot steam baths, dry body brushing and mild excercise. Yesterday I did a 20km mountain bike ride and felt great. BUT (theres always a but) yesterday the cravings were very intense, in fact the weekend was really a struggle for me. I hid indoors on National Braai Day to avoid any possible whiff that could come my way. I really had to keep busy all the time. Being at work is much easier, so i'm sure the next 3 days will be good. One thing, I have been waking up between 2h30 - 3h00 every morning with serious stomach cramps. So bad that I can't sleep again. It does dissappear after the SWF though. All I can think is that it must be toxins sreaming to get out.. this has been happening from Day 4. (all in all I suppose I shouldn't complain). Dropped 3 kgs in the 1st 4 days but have stagnated over the last 3 days. But as per the book this is normal. So far my first MC has been a very good experience and I'll def do it again, probably after the festive season. But right now I feel like Butternut Soup! YUM cheers Tash

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Tasha. It sounds like you might be having a reaction to the laxative tea? Try skipping it one night and see if that doesn't help, or alternatively make it a bit weaker than usual. Stomach cramps are definitely one of the adverse effects of the tea on sensitive systems.

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. Tasha

Thanks Mike, I stuck it out anyway. I suppose the cramps were my only bad effects I had, so I pushed through. Its all over now, I am on Day 10 and the end is in sight. I am definitely having peppermint tea this evening!

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. November

Hi Mike its my 5 day today i have this serious stomach cramps i can't even stand up straight. All I can think of is food.yhooooooooooooooo.when I started i was 87.4 and currently 83.5, I think iam stopping here.

Posted 7 years ago #
  17. Mike

lemonHead

Hi November - sorry to hear that. Did you read the book? You need to understand detoxing: what to expect and what to do about it. It's really one of the most important aspects of the Cleanse. Rest, relax and ride it out if you can.

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. mrspudding

Hi - Day 1 - Had my first cup of tea last night and my morning started at 5 - great!! had my swf - man did i battle to get that down - really had to swallow hard - been drinking the mixture the whole day - got a headache from hell - and feel very bloated and a bit nauseas also got some sore ears and my nose are blocked at time - have to still get my tea down tonight - dont know if i will manage..and then off to bed

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. Mike

lemonHead

Hi mrspudding - sounds like you're getting your detox started with a bang! Hang in there and let it all come out :) The first few days can be quite trying for some and that's why I always recommend that people begin on a weekend and not have to go through this at work. Just rest and relax as much as you need, take it easy, trust your body - it's doing exactly the right thing...

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. Vuyi

Hi all I'm so happy we have our own forum! Been trying to get this started since I found out about it. I'm officially on Day 1, I didn't do the ease in but I hope I don't crash and burn for that. Mike I have a question, do I have to use SWF or can I just drink BlackForest tea? And please confirm that my lemonade is right? 250ml water, 2table spoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2table spoons of Molasses (can't find Grade b maple syrup) and was told molasses are just as good.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.