The SA Master Cleanse Forum » Detox Symptoms and Problems

bladder playing tricks?

(8 posts)

1. lemonpip

Hey ya'all

So I started my cleanse this morning, and was super excited until I tasted that 'lovely' salt water! Almost did not make it, but pushed through...the after was fine, not as 'hectic' as I thought...but its getting that *@£* down thats the hard part! However thats the least of my worries...My bladder is seriously taking strain. Have made close to 100 wees during the course of today, almost feels like the onset of a bladder infection, is this normal? perhaps just a detox symptom, its seriously uncomfortable (all the time, with no relief at all after I have been for a wee), but I am really in the zone and do not want to give up. I have been feeling great other wise, no headache AT ALL, not even a small one and not hungry AT ALL!

Anyone experienced something similar?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Mike

lemonHead

Howrdi lemonpip. Apart from a range of common symptoms there is no 'normal'. Everyone is different and so are their physical health priorities. Your body will do what is best for itself, on that you can rely. Barring any interference and with sufficient vitality it will always repair and improve itself.
    Your kidneys are one of the major organs of elimination and they are working overtime it seems. Your body will without fail zoom in on internal areas or issues that need attention and jettison any and all the stuff it can do without, as efficiently as possible.
    It sounds like you are familiar with those feelings of discomfort? If so, then its definitely positive detox stuff you will want to get through and resolve. Hang in there if you can I would say, but remember that the decision is always yours: based on how you feel, take whatever action you feel appropriate.
    Rest and relax if you can, and keep drinking lemonade and plenty water - that is what will keep things flowing and stuff that gets sent to the kidneys for elimination is generally water soluble.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. lemonpip

Hey Mike

WOW! I have done a complete 180 from last night, went to bed with a fever (along with chronic pain) which broke in the middle of the night...went on to have the best sleep I have had in months possible even years and woke up a new person. Even the SWF went down much easier this morning. I am feeling great.

Thanks for your encouragement and light on the subject.

Will keep posting...

Later.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. Mike

lemonHead

Good to hear lemonpip :) Bet you now you're really glad you got all that stuff out! You've definitely been going through some detox issues (and there may be more later), but as you now know they are usually temporary and you almost always win by hanging in and seeing it through. Unlike with medication the issue is now properly resolved not just suppressed. And then, as you experienced, suddenly you are even better off than ever.
    A fever is also a remedial action taken by the body, heating up to kill pathogens inside, and when the need is over the fever subsides. Its all just so incredibly perfect, and its such a pity most people view these healing actions (likewise the main 'symptoms' in colds and flu) as being sick rather than as getting well.
    A key principle involved in detoxing is the fact that things often get worse before they get better. Unfortunately that is a barrier to many people who ditch before they break through to the other side. You just gotta love how perfect a self-healing organism your body is, you just have to give it the opportunity to do its thing and that's what the Cleanse achieves so well.
    Keep going and enjoy the rest of the Cleanse, you're just going to feel better and better :)

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. lemonpip

Phweeeeeeu!!!!!!! Half way through day 6, and I seemed to have turned the corner this morning. However...although I have less aches and pains than on previous days, today I feel a little weaker than before and slightly light-headed. I am taking things really easy, with no strenuous anything I tell you...perhaps a little stroll here and there, but thats about it.
    Suddenly two litres of lemonade feels like an awful lot to get through, but I am doing my best, perhaps this has something to do with the dip in my energy levels, could only get through one yesterday and just about another today, trying very hard to get enough water down too. But all is well otherwise. I have not felt like blogging the last couple days, just really feeling the whole process in real time.
    But I do remember the evening of day three being really really tough. Boy I can't wait for that first glass of O.J.!!!!!!!!
    Also want to do my best to stick to a vegetarian diet when all this is over. I know that I thrive on a veggie diet, proven this theory to my myself time and time again, however I have never been that strict about it, indulging in the occasional lamb chop on the braai of course yum...but have been wanting to make the move over for a while now! This has really inspired me to do so!!!

Later x

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Iris

I am on day 6, my SWF did not pass through yesterday or this morning and now there is blood in my urine & I feel like I am getting a UTI. Should I go off the cleanse or is my body cleaning itself? One of the many things I was trying to rid myself of by doing this cleanse UTI's.
    Help!!??

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Iris. First off I am not a doctor so please don't take this as advice - just some thoughts regarding the situation:

You are not taking anything during the Cleanse that will cause a problem, its all essentially "food" except for the tea, which can sometimes give folks a little stomach cramping (probably why its taken before bed). Everything that occurs is initiated by your body and can be considered a healing action or 'detox' symptom. If something unusual is occurring it is (usually) some health issue specific to that person and should be familiar. In which case the best thing to do is to stay calm, relax, rest and let it pass.

It sounds like this is the case for you so if it was me I would try to do that and assume my body is doing what it knows best and is healing - the nett result of 'healing crises' (read here in the forum about that) is more often than not "things might get worse before they get better".

The fact that this is close to the day 7 detox cycle -- not an exact thing because this is mother nature at work and she doesn't adhere to our daily schedules or 'requirements' -- kinda points in the same direction. Nature takes her time but she works flawlessly and thoroughly.

You need to be completely comfortable about what you are doing during this Cleanse though so the call is always yours on what action to take. If you feel you can get through it okay, do so. Any action we usually take (e.g. medication etc) to calm the symptoms will ultimately impede healing. Not only does it not target the cause of the problem, it gives your body even more it has to deal with. Left on its own your body will address the real source of the problem by itself as its designed to do.

If you are familiar with these symptoms you should also be a reasonable judge as to their severity and their normal 'course' and hopefully can judge whether its getting worse or better (given the fact that it will get worse for a bit).

Trust your body to be doing exactly the right thing and maybe give it a day or so if there is no severe pain or deterioration that makes you feel uncomfortable or scared.

Long, convoluted way of saying 'the decision is yours'! Hope that helps, good luck and let us know how it works out for ya :)

Posted 6 years ago #
  8. Iris

Hi Mike
    Thanks for your response - all has worked out exactly as hoped and I am totally on track.

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.