The SA Master Cleanse Forum » Detox Symptoms and Problems

ON TRACK AND LOVING IT!

(3 posts)

1. BobbyC

Hi. Day 7 for me and all I have to say about MC is very good. I have (for whatever reason) had it very easy. Never been hungry, some "symptoms" but minor. Losing weight - needed but not my main goal. I am on chronic treatment for gout (Puricos) so I have continued with the medication, for now. Old gout "places" palpably friendlier, softer and smaller - in 7 days! Have started cooking for the family again - no problem! Except that EVERYBODY in the family is having a fresh look at what we eat! Can only go 10 days now for "other" reasons, but will be back for a second, longer "gooi" very soon. So, MC partners, VASBYT! Many Thanks! Mike, what about MC and gout???

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Bobby. Good to hear that :)

Almost all of our "diseases" are caused by what we eat and drink on a regular basis and if we are able to improve that all health issues will be addressed automatically. Gout is a good example of that relationship and what you are experiencing is your body's innate ability to halt, start addressing and eventually start reversing the problem. The break from your regular eating/drinking habits is what's allowing it to do its magic. When you leave your body alone it gets better, unlike man-made stuff which deteriorates when left alone. Use this amazing power to heal yourself and remember that its your body that's doing the magic, not the lemonade! Help it all you can, its power to heal itself and rejuvenate is really powerful.

I am glad the MC is having its effect in making you think about how and what you eat, that is the real power of this thing in my opinion - giving you back a forgotten perspective and sensitivity about food/drink. A longer Cleanse will definitely be worthwhile in your case to give your body more time to address your health issues, rather than you popping pills to mask symptoms, and you should definitely come back to it. You will be truly amazed at what a difference it can make.

If its not life-threatening or too painful, next time try stopping the medication too, medication acts only on symptoms (the inflammation) and not the cause (not good business :) ). Also its just something else for the body to have to get rid of. Most medication simply masks the problem while your habits (that are causing the problem) remain unchanged, increasing in severity but now unnoticed. Its kinda obvious to imagine what the result will be after a few years of that and something will eventually snap!

So, until round two, enjoy the rest of the cleanse (its just going to get better!) and use how you are feeling to motivate a longer, more thorough healing session. That lovely time after the cleanse when all your senses are refreshed is a great time to re-evaluate how you eat and drink, use it well :)

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Mike

lemonHead

I just googled your medication and it has something called Allopurinol as the main ingredient. This blocks uric acid production in the body. Uric acid is produced to break down certain substances, mainly things called purines.

All of the foods below can be responsible for excessive uric acid production. Even though some do not contain purines, they can still cause the system to naturally produce uric acid. They are as follows: alcohol, anchovies/herring, asparagus, cauliflower, mushrooms, meat gravies, mussels, sardines, red meats, organ meats, processed meats (hot dogs, cold meats), fried foods, roasted nuts, any food cooked in oil (heated oil destroys vitamin E), rich foods (cakes, sugar products, white flour products), dried fruits, fish, caffeine, beans, lentils, eggs, oatmeal, peas, poultry, yeast products, and low doses of aspirin.

Turning off the uric acid tap through the drug action is obviously not the long-term answer - your body wouldn't produce something if it didn't need to. Uric acid is obviously necessary and so the ability to produce it is not the problem, its the fact that what you are eating is causing too much to be produced that is the issue!

I guess the good news here is that it looks like diet reform can eliminate the issue completely and then it will start reversing and healing. It's totally doable and the power is in your hands! A good long (over 3 weeks) cleanse will go a long way to changing how you think about food :)

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.