The SA Master Cleanse Forum » General Master Cleanse Chatter

Changing My Life

(9 posts)

1. Vonno

Ok, so this is it - I am preparing to get my MC pack and change my life - I have so many objectives for doing this cleanse and have read so much about it! I cant wait to start and be a new person in so many ways! I look forward to all your support and encouragement on this as I do this for the 1st time!

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Louise

Hi Vonno,

This has also been my first time - I am currently on day 8.
    It is truly an amazing experience - trying at times but well worth every step.

All the best!
    Louise

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Vonno

Hi Louise,

I am now on DAy 5 can you beleive it???? It is soooo awesome and yesterday I had sooo much energy! my skin is glowing!! its truly amazing! My body has responded so favourably to this cleanse and I am so so so pleased with how I feel! I also normally suffer from very bad period pain and on sunday (day 2 of MC) I though t I was going to DIE -but after cayenne pepper in lemonade kicked in - I havent had a cramp since so I believe it is definetly doing its thing!
    Thanks for your encouragement and wahts amazing is EVERYONE comments on something about me EVERYDAY!!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. Mike

lemonHead

Glad to hear you're having a good experience, Vonno. You may want to think about extending it too - its really easy and it just gets easier and easier as you start feeling better and better :) Remember that any ill feelings are usually good signs of detoxing and they usually are gone by the next morning. And gone forever, unlike what happens when symptoms are merely suppressed with drugs, only to reoccur later with added severity.

Enjoy, and take it easy. Bask in the feedback :)

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. KatiaT

Mike, you are truly an inspiration with the amount of passionate effort you have placed into the work of bringing the MC to SA. Thank you. Personally I am truly grateful for the incredibly helpful and very entertaining information you have provided. It has given me clarity and understanding before taking on this incredible journey. I was planning to start on the 20th, but alas due to the Flu I thought I may aswell help the body clean out this dreaded Virus. Here I am 5 days later on the MC and I am happy to report it is kicking ass (in a manner of speaking)and the flu that should have still had it's grip on me, is well - gone! So, grateful to be at day 5 and taking baby steps one day at a time. I only have one major problem, my fiance keeps eating my Maple Syrup! ;-)

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. Mike

lemonHead

*blush* Thanks Katia, you're so welcome. Its so great to get feedback like that and it sounds like you're doing well and already learning what an incredible self-healing organism you are. Its such a pity we have been brainwashed to believe healing comes from outside of us and not from within. Enjoy the rest of your cleanse and don't worry, we've still got plenty of syrup at the moment :)

Good thing to remember is "the flu" (and a cold) is just a forced detox when the body just has too much to deal with. "Bugs" and viruses (virii?) are with us always. They are so minute and they're everywhere and in everyone all the time. The key thing is that the body is clean and strong enough to keep these little suckers under control. When it's not we "catch a cold," "get the flu" or "come down with some or other bug". And should you "get sick" just don't forget to take the break, get lots of rest and don't eat anything. The less you give your body to deal with the faster you will get over it.

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 7 years ago #
  7. KatiaT

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the confirmation, I actually wasn't sure to start the detox while the flu kicked in, I guess instinct took over. On to day six today and feeling really good, so much so my fiancé is planning to join me in September. Don't you just love the power of example.:-)

Anyway, thank you again for all your support. I really have nothing to report but I do have a simple question: Why orange juice?
    I know that lemon and grapefruit is alkaline forming in the body, but I also remember that orange juice may not be. Perhaps I am incorrect. Any light you may shed on this matter would be appreciated. To everyone else have an outstanding detox.

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. Mike

lemonHead

Hi Katia. No problem with the orange juice - in fact almost all fresh fruits and vegetables are "alkaine forming" in the body. This refers to the ash residue that is created after the food is digested and metabolised.

Your body also has two main forms of digestive action. The first begins in the mouth with the enzymes (amylase etc) in your saliva (alkaline), digesting all carbohydrate, fats and non-protein foods, which is why its always good to get a bit of saliva going when you drink fresh juices since this is usually triggered by chewing. Protein foods (meat, nuts, dairy etc) are not affected by these enzymes at all and remain undigested until they enter the stomach. The stomach produces hydrochloric acid to break down the food plus a bunch of enzymes (pepsinogen etc) that break down the proteins. The enzymes that were digesting the carbohydrates do not function in an acid environment so carbohydrate food that aren't fully digested have to sit around and wait in that mix. This is why one of the key principles of proper food combining is to never combine those in a single meal. Of course people regularly eat things like hamburgers, ham/cheese sandwiches, hot dogs, curry and rice, meat and potatoes...all carb/protein combos! Essentially you're demanding two very different and opposed actions from your body during digestion and the result is neither one finishes properly. Fresh food and carbohydrate/starches digest faster than proteins so they would normally pass out of the stomach faster. Now they have to sit there and wait and so begin to ferment and produce gasses.

Once your stomach is done the whole lot moves on into the intestine, which is an alkaline environment. Any undigested carbohydrates are further digested here. The protein foods that were not completely digested basically putrify till they exit, giving rise to that awful smell on the loo. Meantime they carry with them acid residues from the stomach which the body has to neutralise by pulling calcium from your bones (the prime reason dairy is not good for you and does the opposite of what we all learned about building strong bones!) Too much of this places a real stress on your body as your blood cannot be allowed to vary more than a couple of tenths of a pH before your life will be in serious danger.

One caveat is that acid fruit does affect your mouth and teeth (as well as the sugar in the fruit) so it's again good to prep and swill some saliva before you sip. And sip the orange juice, don't drink it like a cool drink.

As to why orange juice, well, that's Stanley B's instructions! To be honest I don't really know why. He says: "The orange juice prepares the digestive system to properly digest and assimilate regular food." That's not much of an answer I know, but I think one of the reasons is that orange juice has a higher fibre content and begins to prepare your bowels for some action again. Plus the change from the period on lemonade will stimulate different digestive activity.

Not sure if anyone else has a better answer?

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. KatiaT

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for a very informative answer. I am sure Mr B has his therapeutic reasons. If the formula works, one shouldn't try re-invent the wheel! I have to admit that at this stage I do most certainly look forward to some yummy orange juice!

I am onto day nine and feeling really good. I am not going to lie, it has not been easy and the mind has fought with a vengeance with food cravings even though the body is satisfied and nourished. But you were so right that watching TV or the smell of a home cooked meal can drive one a little insane. So I am catching up on some good books 
    I am finding this though, that as time goes by, every positive thought has more impact than it used to in my reality. It seems the more focused I seem to be on the positive side of the cleanse the stronger I feel mentally to tackle it.

Once again thank you for your wonderful advice and support.
    Best of luck to everyone on their cleansing journey 

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.