The SA Master Cleanse Forum » My Master Cleanse Experience

Master Cleanse -Day 17

(7 posts)

1. fatty

Hi

Im am on day 17 of my master cleanse today,I have lost 7KG's and think will go further until day 25.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. karen_c

Senior

Hi fatty - that's quite a slow weight loss. I was down by 9.2 kgs on my day 17 (went for 21 days). I think its the female curse (I'm presuming you're female!) - guys seem to lose weight much faster than girls.
    How're you doing other than weight-wise? Hope you're doing a lot of thinking about food and eating there, its what you do afterwards that will cement the effects or have you spinning back to where you were again! Good luck and keep at it :)

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. fatty

Hi Karen_c

Yes Im female and this time i didnt loose that much,Im a bit overweight and my main aim was too loose 10KG's,thats why i want to go further than 20 days,i have been sitting on 64KG's for 4 days now.

I am not thinking about food,i enjoy cooking and looking at food pictures though,i tasted chocolates yesterday and it tasted like paper.

I will make sure that i come out of this cleanse very carefully,watching what eat and maintaining my weight..

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. karen_c

Senior

I found that my weight would also stay the same for some days and then drop again. Strange, but I guess that's how the body works and it doesnt make sense to push it. Make sure you get a bit of exercise every day - nothing much, some walking is great (something to do for all the time you used to sepnd eating and buying food!)

Also I found that after the Cleanse my weight dropped another 2.5 kilos in just over a week - so it keeps working. Just don't jump straight back into eating big meals! Relish the chance to see how little you need to actually keep going at full strength. This was the biggest lesson of the Cleanse for me - the realisation that we just eat waaaaaay too much! The advice to eat more raw food was really good and I find that I now eat at least 60% of my diet raw and I'm doing it more and more.

Weight wise I found that the worst foods were: sugar (any kind, especially drinks) and things made with flour (cakes, pastas, pizzas, bread/toast) - these always made me gain weight. While avoiding fried and fatty things is obvious, those were the things that added weight very quickly. Scarily quickly! I also gave up dairy totally and I feel so much better for that.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. fatty

Hey Karen_c

maybe thats the thing,i dont exercise,it has been cold here in JHB so hard to stay out of the blanket,will try and exercise this afternoon or for the rest of the remaining days and see if i can still loose atleast 3 more KG's.

7KG's is a big loss for me i dont want to go to bad eating habits again,oh God help me!!ive learned from it as well,the first time I cleansed i lost 5KG's and gained more after the cleanse.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Mike

lemonHead

Hi fatty - actually 7kg's over 17 days is really not bad at all! In fact that seems to be higher than the average!! I have found that women generally average between 100-300g a day over the full duration of their cleanse, and you've done just over 400g a day average so far so you're doing well. And keeping warm is good! Your body temperature drops while you fast so you need to make the extra effort to keep warm.

What you do afterwards is going to be very important, as you know. I think karen_c's advice about the food is spot on, but making changes is a slow process and you may find yourself slipping often. Don't be discouraged though, just keep moving forward in the right direction and if you slip don't get down on yourself or you will make it worse. Positive changes in the right direction will add up over time and they reinforce themselves. You want to build habits to last your life, so keep at it. Persistence is going to pay off.

Exercise on the Cleanse is good for some, but you shouldn't do too much. Remember this is a time of rest for your body. You really don't need to go to much further than a good half hour plus walk every day.

Take it easy, you're doing great - focus on good eating and the weight will take care of itself :)

"I am responsible - the creator of my own experience."
    Posted 11 years ago #
  7. fatty

HI

Thank you for you advice and encoragemnt Mike & Karen.I exercised last night,i was actually dancing to m hip hop CD,Guess what I lost 0.9 KG s this morning,so excited,i will do the very same thing for the remaining days.

Im going out to a party tonight,I know i wont be tempted to eat,and dont want to drink on an empty stomach,will see how it goes.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.